A Budding Romance

*romantic fluff*

*romantic fluff*

Staring out of the window of his high school's craft room window Tae felt a hard pluck to his forehead. "Are you even listening to me?" A small but mature voice broke through his thoughts. "Ow! What the hell? What did you even say?" He looked up at his friend, Jimin, before staring back out of the window and darting his eyes about to regain focus on what he was originally looking at. "It doesn't matter anyway, the answer is yes. You like him." Tae's eyes grew wide and ripped he his face away from the window. "No I don't." He spoke, glaring at the pink-haired boy who shook his head while molding clay into the shape of a vase. "Yes. You do. And that's okay..you should talk to him. Maybe he's gay." Tae stood and stuck a finger into Jimin's clay piece, causing it to spin off it's base and fall down to a wet clump of nothing. "He's not." He said angrily before walking towards the door. Jimin let out a shrill curse before attempting to repair his work. "How the hell do you know? And if he is, he sure as hell isn't gonna want an asshole like you!" Tae let a small smirk form as he watched his friend begin to work more calmly now. "Yeah whatever." A short while of silence went by and Tae found himself at the window again. Through the window he could see into another building alone by itself. Into it was a dance room where students that majored in dance practiced before lunch. Sitting in front of a mirror, phone in hand was a brown-haired boy. He heard music start to play on a speaker and watched as the boy stood and began to dance. He watched the boy roll his stomach and he felt as if he was slipping out of his damn seat.

He snapped up when he heard the bell screech throughout the building

He snapped up when he heard the bell screech throughout the building. "Still daydreaming I see." He heard a voice behind him and felt another pluck to his neck. He turned and was greeted by Jimin, pressing his bag towards him. "Yeah." He said simply, before walking towards the door and out of it with his friend. "But seriously..you should speak to him." He looked over at Jimin, taking in his words. And for the first time that day, he didn't object.

///

Across the field Hoseok looked up at the bell as it shook, ripping through his music. He stopped the music and sat down on the floor, drinking water and going over the moves in his head. He stood, grabbing his bag before glancing out the window. Across the way he saw two boys talking, one with his back away from the window. He couldn't see his face but from the way he slung his bag around his shoulder and walked from the room, he looked pretty uncomfortable. He shook his head before walking from the building and across the way into the rest of the school. It was lunch time now. After getting his food and another water from the vending machine he walked to a table which sat three other boys. "Hobi.." Spoke a pale faced, blue haired boy "Someone I know has the sweets for you." He continued as Hoseok sat. "He doesn't like girls." A tall slender boy with blonde hair and broad shoulders spoke. "Oh right. Then you're a lost case kid." He shrugged his shoulders before letting out a chuckle. "Thanks Jin." Hoseok said, rolling his eyes in the direction of the other boy. "Speaking of boys.." Spoke up another boy. He had orange hair with a black bandana tied around his forehead and his voice was quite deep. "One is staring at you right now." He pointed his fork in the direct of a table where three boys sat. Hoseok's eyes instantly met with a pair that belonged to a black haired boy. He watched as the boy snapped his eyes away and pulled his beanie down before forcing his attention to the other people at the table. Hoseok continued to stare untill he could clearly see the face of the boy. He turned back towards his friend. "What the hell does that mean Namjoon?" He sounded flustered. "Woah..calm down. I don't know. I'd say he's the one that likes you. Not anyone Yoongi has to offer." Yoongi shot up a middle finger towards Namjoon. "She's an okay girl!" The rest of the lunch Hoseok continued to make eye contact with the boy on multiple occasions and was eager to leave when a bell rang for fifth period. He stayed back a bit and waited for the boy to leave before he began to clean up. Departing from his friends he walked down a hall alone towards the music room. As he neared it her heard singing and slowly peered into the room.

Stopping dead in his tracks Hoseok didn't know what to do. If he made any noise the boy would know he was there listening to him. He bit his lip and felt his heart begin to flutter as the boy ended his song. Slinking away from the door he let it close and stood behind it, praying the boy didn't hear and wouldn't come to investigate.

///

Tae removed the earphones and began to write down on a sheet of music before turning as the door opened. He figured someone was just coming to record like him. As his eyes adjusted to the door he realized no one was standing there. "Did someone just leave? I'm the only one in here." He thought to himself. As he began to turn the door opened and there stood the boy from the dance room and the lunch room, eyes wide and face red. They stared at each other a bit speechless before the boy spoke. "H-Hey. Uh. Nice song." Tae's heart sunk as the thought of the boy listening to his song played itself in his mind. "Sorry. I..I dropped something outside." Tae nodded and turned quickly to continue writing. The words just kept flowing out of Hoseok's mouth. He tried to stop them and had to pinch himself to shut up. "I saw you earlier. In the lunch room. I don't think you saw me. And I r-really liked your voice." He slinked off to a stool and sat down on it quickly. Tae swallowed hard before speaking, literally on impulse. "I liked your dancing." Is what made it's way from his throat. Hoseok laughed, feeling a bit more calm now. He realized he wasn't the only one a bit anxious. "Thanks. That was you? In the craft room?" Turning around Tae nodded, Hoseok's laugh lighting up the room completely. He smiled. "Yeah. Me and a friend of mine." He nodded before staring down at his fingers. "What's your name? I'm Hoseok..but people call me Hobi." It's a big school, he knew, but Hoseok felt a bit upset for not being able to meet this attractive person sitting in front of him. "Taehyung." The boy looked up. "But please, call me Tae."

                                      ///

It had been a month since Tae and Hobi met. Their friends were friends now and all of seven of them sat at a table. Another boy named Jungkook took art as an elective with Jimin and Tae. The blonde haired boy named Jin took theatre with Namjoon. And Yoongi took dance with Hobi. They got along well. Tae and Hobi, especially well. Everyone could feel the tension and Jimin never ceased to tell Tae on a daily basis he should tell Hoseok how he felt. Tae decided on a Saturday he'd text Hoseok early in the morning and tell him. After science Tae walked from the class and down a long hall towards the back exit. Opening the door he was met by Hoseok, who began to smile broadly as he saw him. "Hey! What are you doing here?" He said, taking a step back, beginning to feel much warmth from the boys presence. "I left my wallet. Walk me to go get it?" Hoseok spoke, brushing past him gently before turning to see if Tae was tagging along. "Sure." Tae said fighting the urge to add "I'd love to." Walking back into a large room Hoseok began to speak once he grabbed his charger. "Sooo...you were partnered with Jisoo today? Any spark there?" Hoseok teased, pressing into Tae playfully. "Oh no..I'm gay." Tae said rather blatantly. Hoseok laughed before catching himself. "Sorry I didn't mean to laugh. Hey, we have another thing in common." And with that they began to walk from the building while Tae mentally stabbed himself over and over for not telling Hoseok right there. "Now if I tell him he's gonna think it's only because I know he's gay now and he'll think I don't really like him I'm just desperate for a boyfriend." Tae cursed himself over and over before Hoseok's sweet calming voice interrupted his assault on himself. "How are you getting home, love?" Tae stared up at the darkening sky. "I was going to take the bus." "Nonsense." Hoseok spoke. "I'm driving you." Tae smirked before nodding, actually happy he wouldn't be taking the bus this night. As he entered Hoseok's car he forced all thoughts from his brain as he gave directions to his home. "There. The end house." Pulling up in front of it Tae struggled to leave. Gripping the handle he forced it open, honestly wishing the ride was a little longer. He had already taken Hoseok down the wrong street just to stretch the ride. Before his foot hit the ground Hoseok spoke. "Wait. There's something I need to tell you." Closing the door slowly Tae turned to him, his eyes wide, darting around Hoseok's face. "I kinda like you. A lot. So much I brought science class up just to see if you actually did like her." Hoseok stared at the steering wheel. "I took you down the wrong street!" Tae shouted. He watched as Hoseok turned, confused. "So that the ride would be longer..." He elaborated. "Oh..so you..?" "Like you? Yeah." Tae nodded, a small smile beginning to form. Hoseok beamed. "Cool. I mean..great.. I mean." He was cut off by a pair of soft lips pressing against his own. He fell into them, gently holding onto Tae's cheek. Tae left the car and ran up a few stone steps before darting into the house. Staring at the steering wheel smiling he realized he probably looked like a creep and drove off, his mind refusing to free itself of that encounter, now wishing the drive was longer too.

I feel like I'm way of with the correlation of hair color lol I'm sorry
I wanted this to have like idk a bromance vibe? 1k of y'all mfs read this book so far that's crazy ig
I have two more parts of this coming tonight and tomorrow night
please request and read my namjin book
❤️~alias