Two

The soldiers and even David couldn't see what was happening, but I could. The growing pressure at the back of my head told me I had to do something.

Darkness often lurks, tempting him, in wait for the perfect moment to get him to fall. David and his mother's sister, Celeste, snap him out of it, but not this time. His spectators, including David, think it is all a part of the practice duel. They all think Lucian's blade will stop, but I could see his eyes. I could see the Darkness rising up and I involuntarily shouted out his name.

His sword stopped centimeters away from the man's throat. All eyes snapped up to look at me. My face grew warm from all the stares, but I held my ground. All that mattered was him.

His gaze is a piercing blue. He held my eyes for a moment and I could visibly see his eyes flicker green as his gaze softened.

"Young lady! If you become a distraction, you will be promptly removed!" David shouted at me angrily.

"My apologies sir. I got carried away. The Prince is incredibly talented." I gushed like a silly woman and that did the trick. David moved his attention from me onto the troops.

There were a handful of women who come to watch Lucian and the other soldiers train. I would not be the first "gawking woman" to have an out burst. Many come to specifically see the Prince, just as I have. I heard them gossip often and admire his muscular stature, his flawless olive skin, his thick black hair, his grace, and bravado. He is a very attractive man that many women drooled over, but not me. I ultimately had a job to do.

His eyes stayed on me the whole time David and the others applauded at their "impressive match." Even as David barked orders for the next task, Lucian's eyes bore into my own. Curiosity filled his emerald eyes and I knew it would not take long for him to approach me.

I knew him like the back of my hand. It was my job and those of my warriors to protect and watch over him and Adrian. Their routine was memorized and everywhere they went, a warrior watched. If they made one movement out of the norm, I knew about it. Amelia, my best friend and fellow guardian, watched over Adrian and I watched Lucian.

The twins have been separated since birth thanks to Layla. It was better that way. She knew it and the guardians knew it too. Things would be dangerously different this time and there is no telling what will happen.

The Santeri clan have been vigilant of the chosen ones' since the dawn of time. This time would not be an exception; we've been even more on top of the brother's lives.

They know very little of each other, in fact Lucian is not aware of his brother's existence and honestly, it's best kept that way.  Adrian's wickedness would not be good for Lucian. The Light in Lucian is simply too weak to withstand Darkness. Darkness is mischievous and deceptive. Nothing stands in the way of it's plans in ruling the Earth except Light. It has been so for millions of years, but this time Darkness's tricks may triumph.

Lately Lucian's behavior has changed to boarder that of his brother. It worries us all, especially with the solstice approaching.

I shake the thought out of my head. Darkness could not rise. It wouldn't. I'll keep fighting until I take my last breath. Those of Light must hold strong. We would find a way to come out victorious.

I saw Lucian say something to David. David looked annoyed and waved him off. He quickly turned away from his mentor and met my eyes once more. He began making his way up the stone steps to the stands. He was coming to me.

My heart began to beat harder in my chest and I do not know why I suddenly felt nervous. We've never spoken before because there was never the need. It is too soon for me to expose who and what he was and I never made habit of mixing my duties with pleasure. I protected him from afar. That's all he needed for now.