Goodbye Gomorrah

Chloe had a dream about Phelan Snow. An unexpected dream.

She awoke in the room she shared with Crystal. It was a small dormitory room with black mould speckling the walls and a constant unexplainable draft. Crystal kept most of her things at the hospital so she only had a cardboard box of stuff and some books on her side. Chloe had made more of an effort. She'd drawn on the walls – trying to brighten them up, and had made a shelf and little table for her belongings. She looked across to Crystal's empty bed. No surprise there – the doctor pretty much lived with her patients.

Chloe was wide awake, her body humming with pent up energy. Irritated that she couldn't sleep she sat up and swung her legs over the bed. That was when she saw the blood. She cried out in horror staring down at the blood on her hands and soaked into her pyjamas. Moving quickly she darted to mirror and peered into it. Her eyes locked on the bloodied bite mark upon her neck and she tentatively she touched the open wound, grimacing as she know felt the sting. The stench of blood was vile and making her head spin.

What had happened? She had no memory of being hurt... Sweat broke out on her skin and she clasped a hand over her mouth to keep from vomiting. Once in Irrenhaus she'd blacked out and woken in an unfamiliar room restrained to a pipe. Terrified tears filled her eyes. Don't think about Irrenhaus. Don't think about Irrenhaus. Hands gripped her hair and turned her head to look at their owner. Chloe was startled out of her panic attack.

She gawped at Phelan Snow. His eyes were positively smouldering down at her and Chloe felt her legs go weak. She wasn't afraid anymore – that look, that aching longing – made her feel incredible. Then she looked down... and saw that he was naked. Fuck those abs couldn't be real.

"Fuck me," she murmured breathily – her cheeks flooded scarlet as she realised her brain hadn't filtered her mouth. She'd meant 'well fuck me, what are you doing here?' - but crucial words had been missed. 

Goodbye Girl

Chloe frowned. His lips hadn't moved. He lowered his head to hers and Chloe realised he was going to kiss her. But how had he spoken into her head? He leant in but Chloe pulled back, her hand covering the bloody horror on her neck. Why was she hurt?

MINE

And then she'd woken up. Just a dream. She was in bed and Crystal was snoring softly. It had been a relief and perhaps an incy bit of a disappointment.

It had been left to Chaga to officially tell her that she was being assigned to resettle. He hadn't looked unhappy. She didn't cry, didn't protest, she knew it would be useless. Romina hated her and now she knew about the Captain, Lucjan would be keen to see her go too. She had no influence to control her life.

"I'm sorry Wilder." She was surprised by the softness in Chaga's tone. "I argued on your behalf but..."

"Thank you." Nobody else would have. She forced a smile so he could relax. "It's been fun Chaga," she gestured between them.

"I'll remove the tag now."

"Don't." He raised his eyebrows in surprise. "People avoid me when they see the tag," she shrugged, "and I like it better that way."

Her last shift Aleksey did nothing different. His latest project was at a critical point and so he ignored her all day. She couldn't really be mad – he had so many more important things on his mind. It was fair enough that he'd forgotten. But then at the end of the day he surprised her.