Chapter One | Her Life

Spitfire: The Cards of Death
A Wattpad Story

Copyrights © 2017 by SeoulShin

Chapter One | Her Life

"Are you ready?"

His voice resonated in my ears like a static sound from a broken record. Bullet of sweats were visible in forehead as I studied the target's movement with my right eye. My forefinger curled around the trigger of the gun I was holding.

This is the last chance to prove my worth to the whole mafia, if I fail now, the whole House of Sagittarius will fall down along with me. This will be my last chance to prove myself that I am capable of taking over the House of Sagittarius and it's leadership. I will make him proud in every possible way I can.

"Misha..."

I aimed the gun straight to my target, the metal fits my hand perfectly like it was made just for me. The adrenaline is rushing through my veins, waking every tense muscles in my body. I looked at the man wearing his favorite formal suit, in just a matter of seconds, all the people he knows, will mourn for his death.

"Focus."

It's now or never, Misha. This is not the first time, right? You've done it a lot of times, already. What's stopping you now? You can kill him, his future depends on you. If you kill him now, everything will go back to normal after this but if you don't, you have the wrath of hell to face and a painful consequence along with it.

Why can't you just pull the trigger, Misha? Just kill him! Dámn it!

You can do this, you're better than this. Prove yourself. Kill him now! You're destined to do this, you're made to do this. This is not something you can just run away from. Pull yourself together. You need to make him proud of you, even for this, even for the last time!

"In the count of three, Musica." The beads of sweat are rolling down to my face. Get this over and done with, Misha and everything will flow according to whatever you desire.

"Three."

I bit my lips. He's a mad man, Artemisha. He challenged the whole Anarchy in the dictatorship for Legion. No one dared cross the line of Anarchy's path. No one dared challenge the whole Delabreaux family into a pathetic argument. No one can drag the whole organization into a pool of embarassment.

"Two."

My forefinger is too close in pulling the trigger and bury the bullet deep down in his head. You can do this, Artemisha. You're a Delabreaux. You're one of them. You'll be part of them in the future, you have to do this to make a point, to prove yourself, to be accepted even if you don't have the same blood running in your veins.

"One."

He's dead. My eyes widened. For a minute, I forgot how to breath. It feels like my world stops spinning, the time stops moving. Shock was an understatement. Everyone was in the state of panic. I was watching them with my mouth open, they're like little ants running around. A minute later, the sound of sirens were heard, hovering over the lifeless body the man I just killed. He's supposed to save us, he's supposed to destroy the whole Anarchy.

But what did I do?

Did I kill him? Is it from me?