Chapter 56

Emma's POV

"Oh I see you two know each other already" Bethany said, smiling.

I felt like someone had just punched the life out of me.

This is a joke right?

My brother absolutely can not date Jesse's sister. No.

Please.

"Huh yeah, not so much though" I said. "What are you talking about Em? We are like bestfriends" he said, coming next to me and throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"N- yeah we are l-like b-bestfriends" I said as Jesse secretly pinched my shoulder hard. Pretty sure there was a bruise now.

I bit my bottom lip, trying not to burst into tears, even though I've been through worse.

I greeted Bethany's parents and then we all went to have dinner.

I sat down as Jesse sat down next to me.

F*ck my life.

Even though I wanted to run away so badly, I kept a big fake smile on my face, as if nothing was wrong.

You know what they say; Fake it until you make it.

I picked up my spoon as everyone else started eating. I scooped some rice up with my spoon and put the spoon into my mouth.

Everything was alright, a few small conversations here and there between everyone and it was so far okay.

"So how did you and Jesse meet?" Jesse's mom said.

Why is she asking us that? Shouldn't she ask her daughter and my brother how they met?

They are the ones dating for Pete's sake.

"Uh we... we were assigned on a school project together" I said, quickly coming up with something.

"What was the project about?" My dad asked, raising his brow.

"We did it in the library after school, practicing a scene of Romeo and Juliet" Jesse said, as I tried to hold back the urge to face palm.

"No it wasn't, you're messing up with the name, it was The Tempest Act 3 Scene 1" I said. "But I'm sure it's Romeo and Juliet, because the teacher said it was by Shakespeare. " Jesse said as I smirked.

"Shakespeare wrote more than one play you know? The Tempest is by Shakespeare too, see? I told you to pay attention in class" I shook my head slowly.

I looked at Jesse's parents who gave him a disapproving look.

Oops?

I looked at Jesse who looked down at his hand for a second, I thought I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes.

Huh?

Then Jesse shot me a small glare. "I guess I'll start paying attention more" he shrugged.

I put some more salad onto my plate and started eating, deciding after this, I was going to go upstairs.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked at Jesse who was acting oblivious to my glare. I slipped my hand under the table and pushed his hand away.

Yet, Jesse didn't move his hand away and pinched my hand. I coughed, to cover up the small yelp that escaped my mouth.

Jesse moved his hand up and down my thigh. I felt extremely uncomfortable.I tried to move my thigh away a bit but Jesse shot me a glare and pinched my thigh as I winced silently.

The cuts on my thigh stung as I chewed on my bottom lip. It hurt like hell.

Then his hand moved further up my thigh as I tried to stay calm.