Chapter 31

Emma's POV

"WHAT" I shout, my eyes widening." No, no, no, no, no, no, why," I say in a low voice trying to breathe normally.

"It's been a year, he probably changed?" Becky said, trying to make me feel better but no, not helping.

I hated Jesse, more than anything, more than Mackenzie more than anyone, and he hated me too.

I'm not exactly sure why he even hates me, I never asked and he never told me, and I don't need to know why he hates me, I don't want to be his friend at all anyway.

He always teased me, and not the nice way, the really mean hurtful ways, those teasings turned to bullying, pretty extreme bullying. Jesse and Mackenzie would make a great couple.

Just saying.

He never stopped bullying me until his parents had to move away. This was the best thing I've ever heard, I was so happy he was leaving.

But of course, life hates me too, he just had to come back. I just know he'll do everything he can to make me miserable.

"I don't know, I sure hope he did," I say, sighing. I really wanted to skip school tomorrow, please don't let him be in any of my classes, please.

"It's going to be okay Emma." Becky soothingly. I nodded, but inside I knew nothing was going to be okay tomorrow.

___

"Emma oh my god, you are so ugly that when your mom dropped you off at school she got a fine for littering." Jesse said and started laughing, so did his 'friends'.

My face turned red, and my eyes watered, "What? Did you finally find out your actually really ugly, please tell me I'm not the first person to tell you, nerd," he says, still laughing.

I gripped my books tighter and continued walking by them, just as he pushed me and I fell straight onto the floor and all my books scattered.

Tears rolled down my face as they just laughed and walked away after kicking one of my books.

I suddenly woke up, feeling dry tears on my cheeks, I buried my face in my hands and tried to forget about what happened in the dream.

What I hate about nightmares is that its flashbacks or something that's most likely going to happen. This one was a flashback of before last year when I was a freshman.

I honestly wasn't affected about him calling me ugly, it was because he mentioned my mom, I always wished my mom could drop me off at school as a kid, but with that joke added to it, I didn't want to even think about it.

My nightmares and flashbacks made my anxiety get worse, I calmed down a bit earlier and fell asleep not completely worried, but now, no way I'm going to school tomorrow.

I got off the bed and went to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face and looked up at the mirror.

I hated how I looked like.

I looked away, not being able to even look at myself, I don't blame Jesse for calling me ugly.

I dried my face with the towel and walked out if the bathroom and sat on my bed, instead of sleeping, I got my book and turned on the small lamp on my bedside table and started reading.

____

"Emma, wake up!" Someone said shaking me. I open my eyes and saw that Becky was waking me up."What happened? Why aren't you sleeping properly and why do you have a book in your hand?" She said taking the book from my hand and put it on the bedside table.