Chapter 14

Emma's POV

I ate my breakfast faster than ever, even though I was really tired.

After what Becky, Brendon, Theo and I did last night, I couldn't wait to see Mackenzie.

Whoa, that's like the first time I want to see Mackenzie so eagerly.

I never wanted to see Mackenzie but today, it was obviously different. I'm sure she is coming because Brendon said he had made sure she would come under any circumstances.

So, she is definitely going to come.

With green hair. I chuckled imagining Mackenzie with her green hair.

I sat on the porch and waited for Becky to pick me up when I saw Becky's car coming towards my house, I jumped up and ran up to her car, and got in.

"Are you as excited as I am to see what happened to Mackenzie?" Becky asks while driving.

"More excited than ever! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait to see her." I say putting on my seatbelt.

The rest of the ride was in silence. A comfortable one. It was never awkward when there was a silence with Becky or Ella.

Becky and I still haven't figured out what happened to Ella. I hope we find out today, she is my best friend after all.

I mean me and Becky had known each other longer and have been close since middle school, but then Ella is still close to us.

Becky parks the car and I hop out. We walk towards my locker while looking around for any sign of Mackenzie.

Everyone seemed to have forgotten about my middle school picture because no one even noticed me.

Thank god.

Becky and I were supposed to go to our homeroom, so we didn't need any of our books, but we still went to my locker to wait for Mackenzie.

After a few minutes, I hear people snickering around us. I look around to see Mackenzie, Jessica and- wait what.

Ella. Ella was with them.

Ella knew how much I despised Mackenzie and she knows what Mackenzie did to me for the past few years.

Why would she go with them? I don't get it, just why. I look at Becky who looked as shocked as I did.

I turn my face back at them and see Mackenzie wearing a beanie, not showing any of her hair.

She looked extremely pissed and so did Jessica and Ella. They walked by us without giving us a single glance, which I barely minded at all.

Becky and I burst out laughing after they were out of sight. We did it, now we just needed to get rid of that beanie. And I know just how.

In homeroom, Brendon and Theo sat in front of us. We all talked and laughed, but my thoughts kept drifting back to Ella. I still couldn't believe that Ella was with them.

Theo and Becky seemed to get along really well. They both had quite a lot in common.

Which is great.

When the bell rang, Theo handed me a note when Becky wasn't looking, I put it in my pocket and walked to my next class. The best part is that Mackenzie is in that class.

I take a seat in the class, around me, people were talking with their friends until the teacher came in and made the class shut up.

After a few minutes, I call Mackenzie.

"What do you want, nerd." She says glaring at me."Nothing, I just wanted to ask why you're even wearing that beanie, I thought you said that beanies were for ugly people with bad hair." I say shaking my head a bit.