Chapter 10

Emma's POV

Thankfully, I didn't have any classes with Mackenzie today, after what happened at lunch.

The final bell rang, I rush out of the classroom and went to my locker to put my books in the locker, and decided to borrow some books from the library since I didn't have time to at lunch.

I push through the students, trying really hard not to fall over or anything.

As I got further up the hallway, near the library, there were fewer people.

Actually, there was no one at all since everyone rushed out of the school to go home.

I walk past a class, just then the door swung open, giving me a mini heart attack, I look to see Ella come out.

She looked really pissed when her eyes landed on me, she just gave me a glare and walked away.

What happened? Did I do something wrong? I don't understand what's happening.

I push away these thoughts and run up to her, she doesn't even look at me and continues walking.

I try my best to keep up with her"Ella what's wrong?" She ignores me and continues walking.

Faster.

I grab her wrist and she turned around.

"How could you Emma?" she says, I could see her eyes watering.

"What are you talking about, did I do something wrong?" I ask.

I didn't do anything. Why is she saying that?

"Don't act innocent Emma, you know what you did to me, I thought I could trust you, don't talk to me ever again. You and Becky," she yells, as a tear rolls down her cheek and she turns to walk away.

I just stood there, trying to understand what just happened, did I - me and Becky do something that made her upset? I really don't understand.

As I walked into the library, I see Mrs.Jenny sitting at her desk, reading a book.

Unlike other libraries where there are old women with reading glasses as the librarian, Mrs.Jenny was in her early 30s and she was pretty.

Anyway, I walk towards my favorite reading section, where all of John Green's books are.

He is one of my favorite authors, but I haven't read all his books yet, because I couldn't find his books in stores, and the library didn't have the books-besides 'The Fault In Our Stars', but I heard that they had put them here yesterday.

I pile up the books holding them tightly, not to drop any of the books, I head towards Mrs.Jenny's desk.

After I put my books into my bag, I ran towards the bus stop, catching the bus that goes nearest to my house.

I walk in and see many people, mostly old, sitting on all the seats, so I had no choice but to stand.

I hold onto this hooping thing that is hanging from the ceiling of the bus and tried to not fall.

When the bus was going smoothly, I let go of the hoop and got my phone out to check the time.

Just then, the bus turned to the right, and I wasn't holding onto something, so I fell.

I shut my eyes, but surprisingly I didn't feel any pain, I open my eyes to find myself sitting on a guy's lap.

I turn around to see a guy with electric blue eyes and dark brown hair. He looked shocked, but in a matter of seconds, he put his hands around my waist.

I try so hard not to blush, but of course, my cheeks fail me.

"Hi, I'm Chase, nice to meet you," he says smiling.

He seems to look a lot like someone I know... no, I'm sure I don't know him.

"And you are?..." He says. "Oh, uh I'm Emma, sorry for falling on you," I say realizing I'm still sitting on his lap.

I try to get up, but his hands were still around my waist not letting me get up."Its okay, you need a seat anyways, you can stay on my lap until you get to your stop." He says, winking at me.

My cheeks heat up more.

I still get a feeling I've seen someone that looks like him.

Urgh, but who?

I just smile and nodded.

The bus finally came to my stop." This is my stop, thanks, bye" I quickly say, getting up from his lap and I got off the bus.

I felt cold air rushing past my skin since it was middle of October.

I'm definitely going to dress warmer tomorrow.

I open the door and walked into my house. My house was dull and felt like it had no life.

Like I know, obviously it's not alive, but it seemed empty.

I walk to the fridge and read a note that said 'Going to be late from work, sorry darling, there is lasagna that our neighbor gave us in the fridge, warm it up and eat.

Love, Dad.'

I sigh, knowing he always comes home really late from work.

He really wants me to go to a good college and have a good future. Which I'm very grateful for.

It feels like I live alone. Which isn't half bad, but I still wish someone would be here with me.

I open the fridge and took out the lasagna and put it in the microwave, and texted Becky.

Me: Hey, did Ella talk to you today?

Becky: no, why something happen?

Me: Can you come over, need company:-\.

Becky: ya, sure be there in 10.

I put my phone down on the kitchen island and walked to the microwave when it beeped.

While I was eating, someone walked into the house, I didn't bother looking up since I knew it was Becky.

Because who else would just walk into someone's house like that.

Becky practically lives here, she is like a sister to me.

Even Ella, but she was more of the respectful type, so she would always ring the bell, like everyone else.

"Hey," Becky says, snatching my spoon from my hand and taking a bite from my lasagna. "Hey," I say snatching my spoon back.

"What the f*ck, what happened to your wrist!" She practically yells, her voice echoing through the empty house.

Sh*t.

I can't tell her, she will kill Mackenzie, by that, I actually mean it.

She is going to murder her.

"I called you over to talk about Ella," I say, praying that I can change the subject successfully.

She gives me a suspicious look, then shrugged it off saying" ok, so what happened?."

_____________________________

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I was planning on writing this chapter tomorrow but I had nothing to do right now, so I decided to write it now.

Comment and vote!

-Sarah