Twenty-Six: Fiona

Start from the beginning

But Aletha wasn't going anywhere. Not when she was already irritated for hours thinking of Rush's sexcapades. And this female was one of them for sure. "No, I want to see what she wants."

"Wise choice, Luna," she said with a snicker. Now her entire body was visible under the sunlight. She was pale with dark hair. Her eyes were a stunning green. She had the kind of beauty that was elegant, regal, and sharp. Something just like Rush. "I'm Fiona."

"What do you want, Fiona?" Aletha asked. She knew it from the way Fiona was looking at her, she had ill-intentions.

"I just want to see why Rush is guarding you so much," she said, stepping closer to her. "You must be very special."

"Stay away from her," the guard warned her, yanking her away from Aletha.

Fiona snapped her head toward him and gave him a glare. "Don't interfere or I'll rip your throat out. I have more vampire blood than you guards. I can kill you before you even make a move on me."

"What do you want?" Aletha repeated again, clenching her fists tightly. She could feel Fiona's essence, and it was strong, even stronger than her's. If she wanted a fight, well, Aletha wouldn't stand a chance. She knew that. But for some reason, she didn't care.

"I already told you, I want to know why you're so special," Fiona said, reaching for her face.

Aletha stepped away. "I'm the Luna."

"No, it's not that," said Fiona. "Because I was to be his Luna before you came along, but I got no special treatment."

She was to be his Luna? Her body grew rigid. "What did you just say?"

"Oh, he didn't tell you," Fiona purred softly, circling her like a predator. "I was his intended. He belonged to me. I gave him everything, and he would have made me his Luna. He promised me that he would. You know why? Because he loves me."

"Don't spout this nonsense in front of the Luna," one of the guards growled, drawing out his sword.

Fiona shrugged. "What? I'm just telling her the truth. She deserves to know that our Alpha's heart belongs to only me." Her sharp green eyes narrowed at her. "Not you. He will never love you no matter how much he tells you he does. He's mine." She stabbed her finger at her chest. "You will never fulfill him like I did. You won't ever make him smile like I did. You sure as hell won't find his love like I did. A traitor like you doesn't deserve any of it."

It was then that Aletha's temper shot out of control. She'd been ticking since she went to bed, and now it blew. She slapped Fiona's hand away and stepped very close to her. "I don't believe you."

Fiona only smiled wide. "You don't? Maybe you should ask him. He'll tell you everything." She began to laugh. "How naive you are. You think he didn't have a life before you? There's lots of history, and it goes on for centuries. You don't know this world like we do. You think everything's sugar and flowers? Sorry to break it to you, but it's darker than that. We live in a very dark place, and maybe it just isn't for you." And then she dematerialized out of the fields, nowhere to be seen.

Centuries...Rush had centuries of history. Centuries of females. Aletha's head began to spin as the thought swirled around, darkening her vision. Fiona had been his intended. He had intended to mark her, claim her, marry her. Like Lucien did with her. And the thought made her heart twist with fire. He judged her for being with a male when he'd planned to do the same with another female.

"Luna, you mustn't believe her. Fiona is known to manipulate with her words," said her guard.

She turned to him. "Well, did she lie about everything? Was she his intended?"