9 | The Exposed Truth

Start from the beginning

      "When she was released she cried and prayed for days on end for a way to find revenge. They had taken all she had ever wanted in life, and she didn't care about anything else from then on."

     "Finally it happened, and at the first full moon after his death, she changed."

      "She became the first werewolf."

     "The mother of all Wolves." Hunter laughs, obviously quoting game of thrones.

     "She killed every man involved in her lovers death, and spared one to spread the word. As it turned out, she was pregnant with Apisis child." Aidon continued.

      "Cecilinda then gave birth to a boy, the first ever alpha to exist ."

     "From then on, every descendant of Cecilinda was royalty over the werewolves, and that line hasn't changed from all those centuries ago even until this day." Aidon finished.

     "What's that got to do with anything?" I ask him, confused at why everyone seemed so stressed after the story. After all, they had used their time to tell me a bed time story.

     Hunter sighs and looks at me,

      "Cecelia... The story's completely true." His golden accent shows through, but also tones of stress and worry. Maybe it was just me, but he still smelled absolutely amazing.

     "If your cute little love story were true then that would mean that werewolves were real." I laugh but then it snaps. Were they pranking me or something? How did I even end up here in the first place.

      "That parts kinda true aswell." Hunter smiles, all while lifting an eyebrow and looking completely serious.

   I laugh along nervously, looking around at the crazy people I was in the room with. It was almost as if suddenly, all of the air had vanished out of the room and I found myself struggling to breathe.

     "Cece honey, are you okay?" Rose looks at me with large eyes. "You've gone completely white."

    Suddenly I lost it.

     "You're all absolutely crazy!" I shout, standing up and shaking my head. I quickly made my way towards the door and I feel Hunter grab my arm from behind.

     Immediately I turned around and glare him in the eye, snarling at him as I did so. I watched as the fear crept across his face slowly and it was like time had stayed still.

    "Hunter ....let her go..." His mom orders, and without batting an eyelash I snatch my hand away from him and run towards the door. Making my way out of his house and running for my own. My vision becoming blurry with tears.

     I enter my own house and quickly lock the door, leaning backwards and sliding down it until I was sitting on the floor completely numb. I felt sick.

     I finally remember to breathe as I let out a huge breath I didn't realise I was holding the entire time. The family across the street were crazy, completely crazy.

     Though it did explain the strange obsession over the wolf paintings in the house. They were a cult.

     Suddenly an idea hit me, the present.
The night before Hunter gave me a reasonably large gift, and I never got the chance to open it. If I had guessed right then Amy would've brought them back into my house, and placed them in my room.