He seemed to be thinking thoroughly before eyeing her intently, he could see her trying not to squirm. "You always seem to be hungry. Maybe I know a permanent solution, perfect meal. Exquisite cuisine, delectable."

Her eyes were trained on his lascivious lips, perfect meal. Exquisite cuisine, delectable... Her breath hitched as she suddenly felt him close up to her. He leaned closer, closer, closer...

A rapturous laughter erupted from his lips as he pulled away. "I'm addictive geek. Stick to your lane."

She swallowed a lump. "Jerk." Then she sauntered towards the dining table.

Leon snorted before arrogantly fixing his denim jacket. That was before a punch landed on his chest. He turned to find his sister glaring daggers at him. "What?"

She gritted her teeth and spoke while poking his chest. "You are going to respect my friend! I brought her here so she could have a break from her hectic life not for you to be a jerk to her."

He caught her hand and winced at the sharpness of the nail that had been jabbing him. "She called me Leonidiot."

"That's because you called her geek and disrespected her. You have to make it up to her." Her arms were crossed over her chest.

Leon didn't like that. Rose had the most weird ways of making him make up for his mistakes. Once when they were in college she'd made him carry their bags for a week and as if that wasn't humiliating enough, the prickly little thing had dragged him along to renovate geek's little cramped up apartment. He grimaced at the memory of her cotton underwear in that closet of hers that was barely his height.

As if reading his mind, Rose grinned. "Nothing of the extremes..."

That grin elaborated far more than 'extreme'. It meant no undies but still humiliating. He eyed her with uncertainty. "So... what, what do you have in-store for me?"

Rose's eyes darted to the distant dining table where Gabby and her father were having a party with the food, they both spoke the glutton-ian perfectly. She then averted back to the panicky brother.

"Gabby loves exquisite food and fine wine_"

"I'm not cooking Rose, please." He gave her that save-her-from-food-poisoning look.

Rose laughed. "I know you cannot cook to save your first-class life." She stared at him quietly enjoying his growing uneasiness. "Okay, you'll take her out on a date tomorrow." With that she walked past him but halted momentarily.

"And um, she would appreciate a bouquet of flowers." Her smile was dazzling as she patted his chest and sauntered away.

***

"So she let go and I cycled to the fwont doow alone. I didn't fall daddy!"

"No?" He tickled her causing her to erupt into a fit of giggles. "My princess can ride a bicycle now?"

Tiffany nodded vigorously clapping for herself. "Nanny Helen said I'm a... uh..." She thought hard, her father eyeing her patiently with a smile. "So hawd. Uh... metal woll!" She beamed proudly.

Morgan threw his head back with a hearty laugh. "Natural?"

"Yuppie!" She was giggling again. "Will you watch me tomowwow daddy? I won't fall pwomise?"

Morgan grinned at her and tickled her nose. "You promise. You won't fall off?"

She kissed her palm and patted her father's jaw. "Pwomise!"

The proud father smiled and kissed the daughter's forehead before feeding her the last spoon of her dinner.

He had to agree with his brother that he'd changed. He couldn't really assure that it was for the best or not, but he'd never regretted marrying Rebecca. Sure she was difficult and utterly impossible especially where alcohol was involved but out of that union came his little bundle of joy. As soon as Rebecca claimed she was pregnant with his child, following their drunken night together five years ago, he'd assumed his responsibilities. They'd immediately had a shotgun wedding and he'd accepted his fate. Aside from their families pressing that they were meant to be, he didn't want his child to be a bastard.

He'd learned to cope with his alcoholic wife for the sake of his daughter and many other reasons he didn't fancy thinking about. Like losing the love of his life.

Not that she hadn't turned up ten years later in all her goddess-like glory and an incorrigible grudge. What if he'd waited a little longer? What if he'd never quit looking? What if he hadn't drunkenly slept with Rebecca? What if...

He groaned and pushed his chair back before picking up Tiffany, his only source of joy since Rose...

"We should go to bed now baby. Yes?" He asked in attempt to divert his wistful thoughts.

She nodded frantically. "But I have to bwush my teeth fiwst. Mama said I will be an ugly bwat if I don't."

Of course Rebecca would say that. She barely glanced at her daughter, expecting motherly sweetness from her was a waste of time. What if Rose had been the one to mother Tiffany?

Morgan chuckled bitterly knowing it was wishful thinking. "You'll never be anything like that, you'll always be my cute little princess. Okay?" He grinned at her as they ascended the grand stairwell.

"Pwincess!" Tiffany jumped excitedly clapping her dainty hands together before hugging her father's neck tightly.

Morgan's heart soared with love and affection. Tiffany adored him and that was that mattered. "Yes, princess."

***
A/N

I'm trying to paint a vivid picture of each of my characters and I'm hoping you my lovely readers are getting the grasp of it. The story is just in it's baby steps therefore confusion is prone but I'm here for you if you need elaboration or clarification. Why don't you tell me what comes to mind when you read of every character in this chapter?

I love y'all.

Vote, comment, follow and share.