The Sexy New Yorker (ft. Flower Power Air Freshener)

"Breath spray?"

"Check!"

"Lucky hankie?"

"Check!"

"Giant, rusty anchor?"

"Anchor? Oh, shit! I cannot find my giant rusty anchor!"

"Would you two please stop quoting Spongebob and help me into this bald cap!" Alvin butted in.

"Of course, darling," answered Fleur, still laughing.

"Also, I'm, like, ninety-nine percent sure that Mr. Krabs had never used the word 'shit' in his life."

"Oh, baby. You're so innocent!"

I snorted and sat on the edge of their bed. They were getting ready for the first showing of Singin' in the Rain. The two had to leave a couple hours before the show started for a quick run-through. They always received a complimentary ticket for every show they were a part of, and tonight's was no different. And, since I was the only friend the two had that wasn't in the theatre, I was always on the receiving end of one of the shiny, palm-sized tickets. This time, however, the other ticket wasn't going in Alvin's performance scrapbook.

As if on cue, the bedroom door swung open and the ticket-holder himself stepped in, beginning to say, "Are you almost done in here? I'm so-" before almost falling over at the sight of Alvin in a bald cap.

"Yes, it's very funny," Alvin drawled over top of Luke's booming laughter. Yes, the twins had made up, which had made Alvin almost as happy as Fleur was, but Luke was still, you know, Luke.

"You look like that wheel-chair dude on the X-Men!"

Alvin narrowed his eyes but Fleur let out a small giggle.

"He does, doesn't he?"

And then we were all laughing.

Things were a lot nicer now after the twins' revelation last week. The elephant was out of the room and now Luke living with us wasn't a bad thing. He was supposed to be there. Even though he wasn't paying for it. Neither could I for much longer, though, having to dip into my savings. The two of us were secretly hunting for jobs behind Fleur and Alvin's backs. It wasn't that we didn't want them to know...

Actually, yeah, it was.

If Alvin found out, he'd tell Fleur.

And if Fleur found out...

Let's just say that if I had only just managed to stop Luke from going over and beating Rick up, I'd be powerless against Fleur.

Although, Luke, on the other hand, kept his job hunting a secret for another reason.

"She'll want to help," Luke had said.

"What would be so wrong with that?" I asked him. I had thought it would be good for the two of them to spend a bit of time together. Even if it was just hunting for a job.

He sighed. "Now she knows I still play the viola, she'll force me into her theatre's orchestra or something. You know how she is."

Even though he clearly didn't like the idea of being in the local theatre, I could tell Luke was chuffed about getting a ticket to tonight's show. The untrained eye wouldn't see it, though. He was pretty good at covering up his excitement. But I didn't miss the tips of his ears reddening when Fleur asked if he wanted to go.

"Why can't we take my car?" Luke was complaining now.

"Because I don't want to be seen in that hideous piece of-"