Chapter 23

Days went by and we did the same. I spent most of my time with my BFFs and Ethan's friends. It was fun being with them. And because of them, my grades went higher. I swear, Ethan is so good in Math! Just like Greyson... He teaches me everytime. Tim is the History guy. I never thought that he'd be this good in history! Hahaha. Mark is the sports guy and every Saturday, all of us jog together in the park. It's so fun! And they always pass by our house since they are addicted to my mom's grilled burgers. Hahaha! While we jog, we sing and tease each other. I think those days are the best. Just bonding with your friends and worrying about nothing. I and Ethan's song is almost done. Here's a teaser of the lyrics.

     Intro:"I like the stars when they shine so bright, specially when we're watching it under the moonlight. I like the feel of dancing with you coz there's nothing more lovely than your whisper in my ear. After a long day of crying out the blues, oh darling it's only you I adore." 

     So, what do you think? (Well, that's a part of the song I wrote last night. Hahahah! - meowkristelyn) This song is just so sweet. It reminds me of...Greyson. 

     Oh cmon, Sophie. Still thinking about Greyson huh? 

     This afternoon, there'll be another meeting for the orchestra. And yes, I'm hoping to be with Ethan again.

     "Hey, I can't go to our meeting. It's my aunt's birthday and I need to go home early. I'm sorry, Soph. I promise to make it up with you next time. Bye!" Ethan said.

     Now I have to go there alone. I won't ask Madge and Penelope to wait for me anymore. It's kinda embarrassing already. I guess I'll just have to go there alone.

     "Good Afternoon everyone." Mr. Williams said. "How are your songs going? You should be halfway already since there's 2 weeks left before the day to let us listen." He added.

     I sat beside Kelly, a 7th grade student who plays the violin. 

     "What we're gonna do today is just bond, maybe? Like an acquaintance. I have this fishbowl and all of your names are here. I'll pick 3 pairs to sing or maybe perform here. So may the odds be ever in your favor!" 

     I laughed a bit about the THG thing. Hahahah! I just hope I won't be picked. I swear, I don't know what to do. Well, if I'm picked, I hope Greyson's not my partner. I'll be dead. Where are you Ethaaaan? :( :)

     "So the first pair is Kelly and Trisha. Come here and show us what you got."

     In what I know, Kelly and Trisha are bestfriends. They both played the violin. It was so beautiful. Both of them are so talented. The song was so sad and it kinda made me teary. I don't know why. Maybe I just miss my dad.

     The next pair was Jacob and Jenny. They are together, actually. Cute couple! They both sang a song which is self-composed entitled "Both Of Us". They are so adorable! Jacob is handsome, Jenny is pretty. Perfect!

     "That song is perfect. Great job, Jacob and Jenny! Bravo! So the next one is...Greyson Chance! Come up here, piano boy. Hahahah! If you guys didn't know, Greyson is one of the best pianist here." Mr. Williams said. "The next one is...Sophie Peterson!" Oh, I'm dead. "Come here, Ms. Peterson. Her voice is an angel. Maybe sing a song for us, Ms. Sophie? I would love to here your voice again."

     I'm going to perform. With Greyson. This is great! 

     "Let's sing "Way Back Into Love" ! The one we sang during our piano session. Remember? Hahahah! This will be awesome." Greyson whispered to me.

     No, this won't be awesome Greyson because I'm trying to stay away from you. "Oh okay sure." 

     So he went to the piano and I went to the mic. I sang with all my heart. I was looking at Greyson. My heart was beating fast. I felt that I still love him. 

     "All I wanna do is find my way back into love...."

     I just gave my best to show that I belong here. In this group. I'm a musician. I can sing, I can play instruments. Yes, I belong here.

     There was applause after we performed. I never thought that they'd like it.

     I went back to my sit and the next thing I saw is that Amber kissed Greyson in the lips.

     My heart fell into pieces. Goodbye, Sophie.