Chapter 19

It's Friday - the audition day. Lunch time with Madge and Penelope, of course. Good thing that they aren't that busy anymore with all the drama club thing. We were talking about Penelope's new crush, Josh who is an exchange student from Canada. I need to admit, he's really hot. I don't know how did the conversation turn to me.

     "Your audition for school's orchestra is today right?" Penelope asked.

     "Yes, after class. Can you guys watch?" 

     "Of course, we will. We can't miss our BFF's big day! It's in the auditorium right? Beside the orchestra room?"

     "Yes, it is." 

     "I bet Greyson's gonna watch. Isn't he?" Madge said.

     "Nope, he's with Amber that time." I said while looking at them at the right side of our table. 

     "What?! He should watch you. Why is he with Amber that time?" Penelope ranted.

     "Amber asked him to teach her how to play the piano too. For drama club's music and sound effects. That's what he said to me." I said while still staring at them. 

     "Oh cmon, we don't need her to add music and whatever. We have Regine to make all the sound effects. She's the one who plays the guitar, piano etc. Amber's such an attention seeker. And she already knows how to." Penelope said.

     "Or maybe she's just jealous of you because Greyson taught you how to play. and maybe she just wants to be with Greyson every after class. UGH." Madge said while crushing her can of soda.

     "Idk...he said he's gonna try to watch me but I don't expect him to go." 

     "Well, his lost. You're gonna do your best right? Goodluck, sweetie!"

     "Yes, of course. I'll do it for you guys."

     After that the bell rang. And we went to our classes already. 

     I have to admit, it's really sad that Greyson won't be coming to my auditions. we've been getting ready for this since last last week. He poured all his efforts just to be with me on the orchestra. But why did he choose to be with Amber even if he knows that I'm gonna have my auditions? Yes, he likes me. What if he likes NOT just me? Oh well, I'm just gonna have to do my best later. 

     Dismissal time. Auditions starts at 4PM. I met Madge and Penelope at the hallway on the way to the auditiorium. When we passed by the orchestra room, Greyson and Amber was there. I just stopped at the door and stared at them like I'm invinsible. Madge snapped out of me by pushing me towards the auditorium. Amber glared. And Greyson just continued in playing. 

     I didn't care anymore. What I should do now is to pass the auditions. I'm gonna make Madge and Penelope proud. I'm gonna do my best. 

     "So today's the audition for new members in the school's orchestra next year. But if you're good, maybe I'll enter you immediately to this club." Mr. Williams said. 

     I sat next to Madge and Penelope. I'm the last to play that's why I'm so nervous seeing all this amazing pianists and musicians. One girl from 7th grade was immediately entered to the club because of her amazing violin skills. She's really amazing. 

     When it's my time to play, I slowly went up the stage and sat at the bench infront of the grand piano. I looked at the audience to see if Greyson's there but he's not. So I just set my mind through the notes of the song. Focus, Sophie. Focus. 

     I pressed the keys slowly as how Greyson played it. The song is amazing and I hope I won't mess up. My mind brought me to another place. A place where Greyson and I belong. I don't know but this helped me in playing the whole song. 

     When I'm already halfway the song, someone appeared in the door. It's Greyson. With Amber.