Chapter Six

EM'S P.O.V

"Why dont you invite you're new friend for dinner?" Uncle Cage asked. My eyes widened and million horrible scenarios played through my head but, if Jai does come over he could win my mum over, and I wouldn't have issues with going out with him everytime I do.

Perfect-ish. Apart from the fact that my family can be so super embarrassing and weird, it'll be okay. I guess.

"Are you sure?" I asked, still quite, I dont know...shocked that they actually offered. But then again, it was my Uncle Cage. He may look tough, with his big arms and shit, but deep down, he's as cuddly as my giant teddybear at home.

"Yeah. It'll be great to properly meet him." He shrugged

"When?" I asked. It was about three o'clock in the afternoon, and there was really nothing to do, since Jai hasn't really invited me to anything. But the thing is, he always invites me to do stuff, and I never invite him so, I feel sort of bad. 

"Tonight? anytime, really." Uncle Cage shrugged again. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and went my messages browsing  for his name in my contacts . When I found him, I proceeded to text. 

Me : Wanna come over for dinner?

Him: What? Tonight?

Me: Yeah. If you want...

Him : Yeah okay, do wan't to do something before though, bored right now

Me: What do you have in mind?

Him : Um. How about we just go see a film at the movies downtown at the local mall

Me: Yeah okay.

We discussed the details, and agreed on the movie 'The Hunger games'. I know i've heard of it, like people are like going around saying its amazing, and Jai wants to see it so, why not? We decided to meet there in fifteen minutes since the movie starts like half an hour from now, and it only takes like a ten minute walk from here to there.

"Im going to the movies with Jai first" I told Uncle Cage, he opened his mouth to say something and then shut it again, and I didn't wait for a reply and just ran up the stairs, and got changed into a skirt and a  top, that was fairly modest. Like all my other tops. I pulled my hair into a low side ponytail, and ran downstairs.

"Could you just tell mum and dad for me that im going?" I yelled out while walking out the door.I didn't wait for a reply either.I made my way to the mall.

When I was in Perth with just my parents, at home with my dogs Oreo and Twinkie , I never broke the rules. Ever. Not since that night.

When mum tells me to do something, I always do it.

When dad tells me to do it, Im there and i do it.

At school, everyone knows me as someone who is shy, but likeable. Or some people know me as Timmy's bestfriend. I didn't break rules, I didn't really gossip, I had high grades so, there was nothing about me that you could really hate. Well, Nothing that anyone knew about that, that is.No one knows the real me. I keep it hidden.

Im screaming inside but I just want to finish school, and move somewhere in the world where no one knows me. Where no one knows about my past, where no one even knows my name.

But in this damn place. Of all the places,In Melbourne. I sort of found someone who knew me..

Jai.

I dont fucking know why I chose him. I didn't even choose him. He came. I haven't really laughed, like I have when Im with him in such a long time. Every laugh and every smile I shared with him were not fake like the ones that I shared with others. Sometimes when you lie to yourself that you are happy, you believe that you are however, when reality checks up on you, you are back to where you first started but worst.