Satoshi's Package

Start from the beginning

"Um- I, uh, I'm-"

The bowl you prepared for yourself shook under your fingers, and you almost dropped it onto the shiny floors it had your master not steadied your arm with a firm grip.

"(Y/N), are you not feeling well?" Hanzo asked once more, this time with a firmer tone.

"I'm fine, Lord Hanzo," you lied, hoping his huntsman eyes would fail to see past your poor, less than half-assed fibbing. "I just...I guess I just lacked sleep is all. It's fine though. I'm okay."

And yet, Hanzo still looked quite uncertain despite your assurance.

"Well, some hot soup should help with whatever predicament you are in," he sighed and decided to drop the interrogation, knowing he'll gain nothing from it. "If you need to lie down, just tell me. I don't really require any assistance as of today."

"Arigato goza imazu," you replied, feeling your heart swell painfully against your chest at how considerate your master was being. It excited the blush that littered on your face.

You got your bowl, sat down across him, and ate your dish in a tranquil silence that fluttered around the room. It stayed like that until Hanzo cleared his throat and wiped his lips with a napkin set out for him.

"So...(Y/N)," he began with brown eyes fixed on the noodles swimming in his bowl, "about what you said last night, when do you plan on actually leaving? For good?"

You set the bowl down with a dull thud, and like him, avoided eye contact by looking to the side. "Well, before I turn thirty I guess."

"That gives you only a few more years here; specifically five more years."

Suddenly the heir didn't feel so hungry anymore.

"Yes," you confirmed. "It's a lot of time to save up for the business I had in mind."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Well..." You tried gathering the right words, "it's going to be a baking business. I and Sonoko have decided to work by partnership; she may be clumsy and frazzled for the most part--but I've seen her in action. She's a really great baker."

"Hmm..." Hanzo hummed before continuing, "I should like to try one of your desserts."

"But I thought you didn't like sweets, Lord Hanzo."

"I actually do," he clarified, "I just eat them whenever father isn't around. He says I don't need the extra sugar."

You giggled in your seat, the confession setting you off. In all your years of working here in the Shimada estates, never has it ever crossed your mind that Hanzo could be something more than what he presented himself to be.

"Kore wa oishiidesu!" you exclaimed after taking a big slurp from your soup. You then wiped your wet lips with your very own napkin and smiled. "Tanaka-san has really outdone himself this time."

"I think so too," Hanzo agreed.

You resumed your meal when a knock came from the other side of the shoji screens. A slide to the side, and then Sonoko's head popped up with a bow upon addressing the Shimada heir.

"Lord Hanzo," she said apologetically, head in between shoulders, "your cousin Satoshi is outside and is about to leave. Your father wanted to know if you'd want to say goodbye."

"Let's go," you suggested readily, getting up on both feet as Hanzo sported a baffled look at your sudden jump in mood. "I mean, won't you want to say goodbye to your cousin?"