Chapter 5

New chapter, hope you like it! :)

Chapter 5

I should have known that I should not listen to my conscience when it told me to be nice and run along with Dominic. It was common sense, at least for me, that that voice was notthing but trouble. Go out with Michaela, you'll have enough money to pay the credit card bills. I got a notification from the bank because of that. Don't worry, you forgot to lock the store's door but you never got robbed so it's fine. The police called me at 4 am to communicate a robbery. Yes, I should have know better but did I make the same mistake? You bet.

The dinner was quiet, awkward and a potencial blow to my self-esteem. None of us talked when the waiter came serve us or when he led us to the table, not even when we ordered. We were eating quietly but that was it, no communication at all.

Sighing, I looked around as I chewed a piece of chicken when I noticed something. There was no one in the restaurant. Not a single person apart from the waiters. When I had first walked in, I had thought it was early so people would only come do eat later but it was already 8.25pm and no one had walked in. Frowning, I inspected every single table and then looked at Dominic, who was eyeing me carefully. Oh, he didn't.

"Please tell me you didn't reserved the restaurant just for us?" I demanded, putting down my fork and glaring at him.

Dominic also stopped eating but didn't look at me, contenting himself with trying to burn a hole on the table with only his eyes. He couldn't be serious, I knew he had money, it wasn't hard to deduce that, but book an entire restaurant was just too damn much. And without a freaking good explanation! Who would do that because of a date?! However, my heart fluttered with the thought of him doing that just for me, it wasn’t rational or logical but it felt nice knowing he had all that work just for our date. He was making me contradict myself, I was already doubting my own opinions.

He was tense, stiff as a board, obviously waiting for me to yell but my eyes softened when I saw his dark expression. Only then I really reflected on my attitude during all our time together. I had only saw the bad side, judging every single move he made, I wasn't saying that all he did was right or not over the top, but he did it to impress me, at least was what it looked like. The flowers, the restaurante, even the touches were gentle and eager despite my constant refusal. I didn't remember the last man that had tried that much.

"Well, you really have to much money for your own good." I told him, shrugging and continuing eating my meal.

Looking at my dish, I didn't saw his reaction but the hand that slid under the table and gently cupped my knee told me everything I needed to know. Biting my lip to stop myself from smiling, I watched him from under my lashes only to see him staring at me, a ghost of a smile touching so very lightly his lips.

"I don't mind spending it if it's for you." He spoke softly, his voice almost inaudible.

I controlled my facial expression, not wanting to give to much away and boost his ego. "Good to know that you like to show off on dates." Wait...that didn't sound like I wanted to...His face became emotionless and I bit my tongue hard enough to draw blood. I didn't intend to sound like a bitch. "That went wrong...I just meant..."

"What do I need to do to make you like me?" He abruptly interrupted, his hands fisting the table with such force that the wood started creaking. "What do you want? Name it and I'll give it to you."

"Dominic, I don't want your money." I answered him, actually feeling a little insulted by his question. "It was a comment that went wrong, nothing more."