Chapter 4

Hey, guys :)

I managed to update sooner than I expected so I hope you guys like the new chapter. Please vote and comment because I really want to hear your feedback. It's really important for me, as a writer, to know what you think.

Good reading

Chapter 4

"Oh my God, I have nothing to wear!" I shouted in frustration in my small apartment. A few thumps on the wall next to me told me that my neighbour was not happy with my outburst and I quickly quieted down. "Sorry." I whispered.

I should have never agreed on going on a date with Dominic. It was pure stupidity, but I was a woman and no one could have resisted him when he was that close to me. He had smirked and caressed my cheek with the back of his hand and then whispered.

"Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at seven." And had walked away. Only when he was almost out of the door, I remebered to ask where he would pick me up, to what he responded, with an amused smirk, my house. Did it freak me out that he knew where I lived? Yes, it profoundly scared me. Did it matter? No, because he would still be picking me up to take me to God knows where.

However, when you had a date with a hot guy, even if the said guy scared the hell out of your wits, you would at least want to look presentable, if only not to embarass yourself, and, since the only way I would look presentable was through hours of preparation, I was definetely screwed. It was 6.15pm and I was still dressed with nothing but a towel.

Cursing at my luck, I quickly searched in the depths of my closet for something to wear until I found something that didn't look completely ridiculous on me and concealed the curves I definetely didn't want to show. And I had a few of them.

I grabbed the soft cotton of a simple black dress, with long sleeves, round neckline that showed my chest but not inappropriately and it ended above my knees. The fabric was soft at touch and was comfortable to wear. Smiling thankfully at my finding, I quickly dressed my dark blue underwear and put on the dress, pleased with my appearance when I looked at the mirror. Running to the bathroom, I dried my hair and did my best to curl my hair slightly, shaping my messy curls. Applying a little makeup, I finished preparing myself when a knock on the door reverberated on the walls of my small apartment.

Oh God, he's here. Don't panic, you have the pepper spray in your purse and still remember those self defense lessons you took with Michaela. Right, let's do this.

Taking a deep breath, I put on my metallic high-heels and grabbed my matching purse, walking towards the door when the second set of knocks sounded. My palms started to sweat as my hand reached for the doorknob. I was so nervous that my hands were shaking. I had never felt like that, never and it was killing me. Yes, he was scary and handsome, and dangerous, and intimidating...but he had asked me out so that meant he didn't plan to hurt me, right? Dominic had been quite insistent on that matter so that meant I was safe, at least that night.

Don't be a wuss, Lee, I thought to myself. He was just a man, a man that wanted to go out with me and that made my body tingle inexplicably, nothing more, so I just had to be myself and see how it went. If he liked it good for him - or not because I didn't know if I could survive to another date without having a heart attack - if not...well, I only hoped nothing bad would happen to me.

Straightening my back, I licked my dry lips before pulling the door open.

Damn, he looked good. I was screwed.

I didn't think people actually understood how hard was for me to be near someone beautiful like him or Michaela. They attracted everyone's attention, be it with their looks or strong presences, however, I had none of that. I struggled with my weight, with my hair, even with my freckles! Mom always said my insecurities were stupid but what did she know? She had an amazing husband, that told her everyday how he loved her, she had enough money to travel around the world, something I had always wanted to do and, most of all, she was beautiful, inside and out.