Chapter 10

A.N:

Hey guys!

Here is chapter 10 :) Please tell me what you think and don't forget to vote and comment!

Vote 

And

Comment

Please :3

Good reading!

Chapter 10

I woke up with noise.

Still trapped in the sleepy haze, I turned to the other side and tried to go back to sleep. Loud bangs sounded in my door and I groaned, slowly openning my eyes. A strong headache hit me as the sun, coming in through my windows, hit my eyes, making me close them and moan in pain. As I groaned, I noticed I was on the floor and I became even more confused. Then a deafening crash made me cry out as I saw someone break in, my door being completely destroyed and Dominic rushing in, looking like a mad man. When he saw me on the floor, I actually saw his face grew pale as he rushed towards me. Dom kneeled beside me and gently picked me up, placing me on his lap.

"What happened?" He demanded, his voice hoarse but frantic. "I came to pick you up but you were taking to long so I came here. I knocked and you didn't answer."

Blinking, I tried to focus on his face and, slowly, the room stopped spinning and I could see him clearly.

"I don't know... I just remember getting home and then..." The note, I added silently, remembering the reason why I had passed out. Gazing at the man holding me, I convinced myself I couldn't tell him.

The note was referring to him, I was certain about it, and, if they were trying to hurt him through me, I wouldn't allow it. Not then and not ever. I would protect him as he always protected me and would keep those threats secret from everyone. I could handle the threats, I would do it since I couldn't depend on Dom for every little thing. That was my time to shield him.

"Then what, baby?"

"I don't remember." I lied, closing my eyes and burying my face on his chest, acting like I was just tired when I was actually trying to keep him from seeing the lie on my face. One big hand held my head close to him as other rubbed up and down my back.

"Maybe I should take you to the hospital."

"No, I'm fine. It was probably stress, Dom."

"People don't pass out because of stress." He stated firmly.

"Apparently, I do." My reply was dry but he got the message: I didn't want to talk about it.

I heard his heavy sigh and felt his hold get tighter. "Then let's take you to your bed, you're staying home today." Dominic ordered.

A soft laughter came from me. "I can't stay home, I've got to work."

"No, you're sick. You're not working and that's final!" He grunted menacingly as he got up and started carrying me to my room. I immediately started squirming on his hold and argue with him. "Be quiet, Aleera. I'll not let you work so cut if off." Dom growled and I huffed, leaning against him as my headache got worse.

"My shop can't be closed today, it really can't." I begged him as he laid me softly on my bed. "I need this day of work."

"It's really that important to you?" He asked quietly, after a few long moments of silence.

"Yes, please, I have to work."

Dominic closed his eyes and ran, angrily, a hand over his head, swearing quietly as he looked at me. He then placed his free hand on my cheek and brought me closer to him. "I'll let you go but I'll stay with you all day. You move more than necessary, you feel faint or in pain and you'll be home before you know it, understood?"