Chapter 81

Four POV:

I am at home and the girls are sleeping. I haven't been able to sleep. I can't go anywhere knowing that Tris thinks she is a sociopath. No matter what she says I can't believe that she killed that man. It's what she fears. Killing the innocent. I cannot believe it. She is not a murderer. I love her too much to believe that. The stairs creak. Anna is coming but she doesn't want me to hear her.

"Anna it's okay. Come down." I say.
She sits next to me.
"Tris didn't kill him." She says. 
"I know but how do you know?"
"Ask Angeline. Everytime she is around you she is worried. I can see it in her actions. Like she has sone something bad."
"Angeline wouldn't do something like that."
"Try anything! Tris is not crazy!" She says almost shouting.
"You miss her."
"A lot."
I hug her.
"I will ask Angeline and we will get Tris back."
"Promise?"
"I promise." I say and kiss her forehead. She falls asleep and I take her back to her room. 

I hear a knock at the door. It 10p.m. Who could be at our door? I open it revealing Angeline.
"Hi." She says.
"Uh..hey. What's wrong?" 
"I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
"What did you do to Tris?" I ask.
"Nothing." She says biting her lip.
"Angeline. Don't lie to me."
"I did nothing." Now she is avoiding my eyes.
"Angeline. If you aren't hiding anything, that's fine. But if you are, and you better hope you're not, I will take the matter into my own hands to deal with it. And it will be personal."
"I-I have to go." She says and walks off. Not looking back. 
She is hiding something.  I'll find out.