Prologue

You ever thought that you'd be where you are today?

I surely didn't. 

Never in a billion years did I envision me happily married to an NBA star who played for the San Antonio Spurs with a rare jewel of a daughter, true friends, and a career where I surely could wake up every day and do it for free.

Janay Melinda Court...born Janay Melinda Johnson.  My father is one my mama chooses not to speak of and Francine Johnson doesn't give any information that she doesn't want to.  Something she passed on to me. As an only child, you would say that everything came to me.  Well, there wasn't much to give but my Mama surely made it work.  I never went one night without food.

I was born into poverty, was raised in poverty, and I knew that I would not have a family born and raised in such.  Granted, when I started school I didn't know what exactly I wanted to be but I knew that I wanted to own my own business. With that at the forefront of my mind, I left Corticana, Texas and entered the University of Central Florida declaring my major as Business.  There in Orlando did I meet Christopher Court and my life changed for the better.

There are stereotypes about "Basketball Wives."  That term has been around forever and a day but let me set the record straight: I am the wife of a basketball player, not a "Basketball Wife."  With the time that I have when I am not at a game or attending an event with Chris, I have a bakery to run and I give back to the community through volunteer work.  Like I said previously, I also have a four-year-old that I have to run behind.  All in all, I can't and won't complain because I love my life...my full court life.