Chapter 27

Jen and Opal are currently doing my makeup.  The day has come. It's the day of prom. Such a beautiful day. Not really. I hate heels. I hate makeup. I hate dresses. I swear I feel like I'm gonna trip every time I take a step. Like kill me please. Once their done I look in the mirror.

I'm wearing the blue glittery eye shadow. They put on mascara and bright pink lipstick. I grab my heels and put them on. I see Jen helping Opal with her makeup.

"I can't wait till I get to go to prom."

"Oh. Yeah... Luke is Junior." I say.

"Why'd you mention Luke?" Opal ask.

"It's obvious he likes Jen." I say.

They both look at me.

"Just like its obvious Kyle likes Opal."

I start putting my stuff in my purse.

"He doesn't like me!" Jen and Opal say at the same time.

"He asked you to prom." I say.

"Because Ian-" Opal starts.

"Ian could care less if you two came." I say. "Why would he want someone to come with him?"

"Holy shit." Opal says.

"Luke is always either across or next to Jen. And the way Ian acts when he sees him near you. He sees it too."

"It's just a coincidence." She says. Continuing Opal makeup.

"One time. I was talking to Luke and he said 'Do you think Jen likes me?' I told him I dont know." I say.

"When have you ever been alone with any of them?" Opal ask.

"Alot of time. The author just doesn't include those parts because our conversations aren't really important. So... Yeah."

They both look at me. I look up at them.

"What should I take?" I ask.

They sigh and Jen goes back to makeup. I put my wallet in there. It's 6:30. The boys are coming at 7:00.

Once Opal's done we both walk downstairs.

"Oh my gosh. If your parents saw you... They would've never left you. You girls look beautiful!" Opal's mom says.

"Thank you." We say.

"Let me get pictures."

We pose and her mom takes a picture. I smile. Ooo oranges.

"Ooo oranges." I say. I walk over and grab one.

"No. You can't eat that. It's messy and your hands will turn orange. We have to be classy." Opal says.

I frown. "I'm eating when we get home."

I hear someone knock on the door. Her dad looks at me.

"Don't be mad at me." He says.

"Why would I be mad?"

He opens the door. I see my dad walk in.

"I'm mad." I say.

"Wow you look beautiful."

I sit down on the couch. He sits by me.

"I'm not your daughter. Why are you here?"

"Did I hurt you when I said that?"

I nod.

"I didn't think you cared."

"I always cared. It wouldn't of matter if you came. Just another important day you missed."

"Your mom is supposed to come too."

I look at Opal dad. "Why?!" I say.  I hear a knock on the door. "If that's not Ian and/or Kyle. I don't wanna deal with them."

"Cazey talk to her at least." Opal says.

"No."

He opens the door.

"Cazey." I hear my mom voice say.

I get up and walk away. I go to Opal's room. Jen's laying on her bed. Jen looks over.

"What happened?"

I sit down. "I'm not going down there until they leave and Ian and Kyle are here." I say.

"Who?"

"My parents. Who were never good at that..."

"Why are they here?"

"Opal's dad called them."

Jen gets up and leaves. I stay seated. I hear my phone vibrate.

Ian: Were outside. Are you girls ready?

I sigh.

Me: Yeah.

I get up and leave. I walk over. "They're here."

I hear a knock on the door.

"You look beautiful Cazey." My mom says. "Can you send me the pictures?"

Opal's mom nods. I see Ian and Kyle walk in. We all do the usual prom stuff. Posing for photos. That weird flower thing they put on your wrist. Whatever it's called. Corsage I think.

"I want them home by 11." Opal's dad says.

I smile. Ian takes my hand and we head out. I sit up front with Ian. Kyle and Opal in the back. I hear my phone vibrate. I'm about to check it, but Ian grabs my hand.

"Just me tonight." He says.

I look at him. "Oh... Okay. Let me put it on silent."

I grab it out. I notice it was Luke who texted me.

"It was Luke. What if it was important?" I say.

"He would've texted me."

I nod. I put it on silent and put it away.  I stare out the window.

Once we arrive Kyle and Opal get out. When I'm about to get out Ian stops me.

"I haven't bought you anything this whole relationship... So I got you this necklace." He hands me a box.

I smile. I open it and see a necklace with a heart pendant. I smile.

"Put it on for me."

He takes it. I turn around. He puts it on me.

"Does it look good?"

He smiles and nods. He gives me a kiss.

We get out the car. We give the dude our tickets. We walk inside. The loud music. People are dancing. Some are just sitting down. Ian and I sit down.

"How do you like it so far?" He ask.

Opal sits across from us with Kyle.

"I just got here."

A/N: Gonna wrap this up in a few chapters.  It's coming to an end.