Chapter 5

I open my door and see Ian.

"Hey." He says.

"You're early." I say. "It's 5:59 you said 6."

"Darn. I forgot about that extra minute."

"Don't forget about the extra minute. It might feel left out."

"I'll remember that next time."

"So far so good. Thank you Author." Opal says.

"What'd she say about an author?"

"It's a long story that I don't feel like getting into. Long story short. She now thinks we're in a book."

"The author is mean. She made you seem annoyed by me."

"Because I was annoyed. Wait. Guys we're not in a book!"

"Have fun you two." Opal says.

I sigh. We go to the car.

"So. Hungry?" He ask.

I nod.

"How does McDonald's sound?"

"Perfect."

"Really? I thought you would be picky. 'How dare you take me there in a first date.' Kind of thing."

"How dare you take me somewhere so unfancy? Do you know who I am?" I say.

"Oh no. I forgot. I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

I laugh. He does too. I look at him. He's actually kind of cute. He has a sense of humor too.

I smile. I look forward. "Seriously, McDonald's is the go to place for a first date."

I hear him laugh. I smile. Oh gosh. I'm enjoying this.

We get to our food place. We order our food.

"Go sit down. Ill bring the food."

I go to the lobby. I sit at a booth and wait paitently. Soon he comes with the food on the tray and sits across from me. We start eating.

"Som.. where we are going next is somewhere special. We need to leave soon to get there in time." He says.

"Where are we going?" I say.

"You'll see." he says. "Let's eat."

I smile and eat my chicken nuggets. We talk about anything. Honestly... I feel so comfortable around him.

"Are you ready?" He says.

I nod. As I take a sip from my sprite.

I hear him laugh. He grabs my hand and I follow him to the car. He opens my door for me.

"Finally you do something fancy." I joke.

"Says the person that had a mouthful of food and still ate.

I get in the car. "I'm working on it."

He laughs and shuts the door. He walks around to his side and gets in. He drives off. We're in the car for a while. It's still day time. It's around summer so it doesn't get dark till like 10. I stare at the sky. Making shapes in the clouds.

Soon we come to a stop. I watch him as e gets out. He comes to my side and opens the door.  I step out the car. My mouth drops open at the view. We're on top of a cliff. It stares out at the city below us.

"Wow." I say. "Its beautiful.'

He grabs a basket. He hands me a bag of chips and soda/pop (A/N: Say it how you prefer.)