Chapter 23

Opal stares at me in shock. "Why didn't you go to the cops in the first place. Why did you beg your dad?"

"In case my plan didn't work. I wanted to have the money." I sigh. "I didn't even take money with me. Ian has it all."

"How long in prison?" Opal ask.

I shrug.  "We should be safe for a few years though."

Ian runs in my room. He hugs me.

"Oh my gosh. I saw on the news. I'm so glad your okay. It's a good thing the cops got there when they did."

"You guys can keep all your money." I say.  "Ian has it. I asked him to hold it. If things got intense before the cops showed up. I was gonna call him to bring it."

Ian grabs the money and give it back to everyone.

"Shouldn't you give the 200,000 to your mom."

I nod. I grab the money and go downstairs.

"Hey mom. I got mixed up in a little money trouble... I sold your rings. Here's the money."

She stares at me. She grab the money and throws it on the table. She grabs my shirt collar.

"You despicable child!" She screams. She slaps me. She let's go of  me. "How could you without my permission?"

I sigh. I walk away.

"I wish you weren't my daughter! I wish you would move out! You know what. Leave! Get out of my house!!!" She screams.

I sigh. I go into my room. I sit down.

"How'd it go?" Opal ask.

Thank god you can't hear through this rooms walls and stuff. Im surprised they didn't hear her though.

"Oh yeah! Take your phones to the police station. They need to get the bug out of them. Cops are probably gonna show up at your houses to search your house for any bugs. He wouldn't tell us where they are. So they're also gonna wanna search you guys."

"What about you?" Opal says.

"I just gotta get my room searched. I had to put in a statement so they already searched me." I look at Ian. "Are you happy? You can keep your money."

He sighs. "Whatever."

I smile. I look at him. He looks upset. I look away.

I see cops walking in.

"Have you guys been checked yet?" An officer ask.

"No." They say.

Some officers check my room. While one checks them. They look at their phones and take the bug out of it.

~_~~_~~_~~_~~_~~_~~_~

I leave my room and go downstairs. It's been a week since then. I grab a orange. My mom walks in.

"Didn't I tell you to leave?" She says. "I wasn't joking your horrible child."

I sigh. Eating my orange. I grab my purse. I grab my car keys and leave. Ive never been so happy to go to school.

I get out my car and Ian waiting at his car. I smile. I go up to him. He looks at me and smiles. He wraps his arm around me and hugs me.

"I'm sorry if I seemed upset teh past few days." He says.

"Really? Didn't notice?" I say, sarcastically.

"It was just a dangerous thing to do. I was scared and worried about you." He kisses my forehead. "I didn't want you to end up hurt."