Chapter 4

A/N: Jen

It's been a week since I twisted my ankle. Ian literally helped me get everywhere even though I had crutches.

Im sitting in math class. Trying to learn whatever he's teaching. Kind of gave up at the start of the year. To much work. Somehow I still have a good grade. Math is hard.

*******

I'm standing in the hallway. My ankle basically healed already since it was only  grade one. I'm looking through my locker. I swear I have a dollar in here.

"Hey. What you looking for?" Opal ask.

I look at her. "My dollar. Did you take it again?"

"No, but I'm worried. The perfect time to bully you was when you had a sprained ankle, but Sydney did nothing."

"Siddy isn't gonna touch me. She's to scared. She can't do anything without her posse." I say.

"Cazey..."

"Heyo." Jen says, walking up.

"Jen, did you take my dollar?"

She shakes her head no.

"Is that it? The one in your hand?"

I look. "Oh."

"Wheres your brother?" Opal ask jen. "Ever since your ankle healed he's left you alone." Opal says directing her attention to me.

"Let's keep it that way." I say.

"I think him and his parents got in another fight. I got calls asking if he was at my house."

"You don't live with him?" Opal ask.

"I live with my aunt and uncle." she says. "Our parents are total drug addicts.  They were seen as unfit and was about to put me up for adoption, but they came in... Luckily."

I started throwing my books beside my feet.

"Where is it?" I mumble.

"They can't have kids. So they were more than happy to adopt me." Jen looks at me. "What now?"

"Ugh! I can't find it!" I stick my head in the locker. "My dollar!"

"Seriously he's not even at school." Opal says.

"Probably another fight than." Jen shrugs. "He barely tells me anything. He usually tells me a few days after he disappears. Cazey it was literally just in your hand."

"Do you know where he disappears too?" Opal ask.

"No. Everyone says he has some super secret spot that he goes to, to get away from everything."

"Guys..." I mumble. "I'm worried."

"About Ian?" Jen ask.

"Ew... no. Is my head small or is this locker big?"

I hear them laugh.

"Both." Jen says.

I bring my head from the locker. I grab my books off the floor and put them back in my locker. I put my hand in my jacket pocket.

I laugh. "Found my dollar." I say. Pulling it from my jacket pocket. 

Jen laughs. Opal facepalms.

"Are yu sure you didn't get brain damage from the fall?"

>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<

"I never said that!  Just like. Date him for a day. One date. And if you don't like it... Leave him!" She says.

I sigh. "Why are you bothering me about this?"