Waiting Ch. 19

Começar do início

The nurse came over, and sat in a chair across from us. She looked at us, waiting for us to sit down. When we did, she let out a sigh. "It's weird," She whispered, "I think he's going to be alright."

"What?" We all yelled.

"Yes," She said, "It was a miracle. With a few operations and maybe a few more, I think he's going to be alright. There are many broken bones, and maybe a few torn ligaments, so he'll be here for awhile."

"Will...will...he be paralyzed?" I stuttered, fearing the answer.

"No," She answered, "I'm pretty sure with a few casts, and time for healing, he'll be as good as new!"

Adam and James cheered, and Jordyn and Kristi hugged. I just sat there, and cried I was so happy. Kristi came over to me, and hugged me tightly, she was crying too. I thought he was gone, and I was sure so did everyone else.

We took turns staying at the hospital, because he could wake up or be alright at any time. I took the first shift, and then went home to see Lexie. She was always anxious to hear about how Mason was doing. Every other day I would tell her the same thing, nothing. Then there was the night that I was allowed to go in and see him.

I almost jumped for joy in the waiting room, but didn't because it was more crowded than usual. I followed the nurse into Mason's room which seemed to be at the end of the hallway. When I entered his room, my breath caught. He was laying on the bed, eyes closed, and too many tubes in and around him. I ran over to him, and kneeled down beside his bed. I pushed the hair out of his face, and kissed his hand.

"Don't stay for too long," The nurse warned. I ignored her though, an just looked at Mason. When she closed the door behind her, and you could hear her heels click down the hallway, Mason opened an eye.

"Mason?" I gasped.

He turned his head towards me, and smiled. "You're supposed to be asleep," I whispered.

"The drugs weren't that strong, and I didn't want another needle stuck in me," He told me, and he slowly removed his hand from under mine, and put it over my hand. "I'm so sorry," He started.

"Please, not now," I begged, only wanting to be with him, and not listen about that stupid argument.

"No, I have to set this straight," He argued, "I want you to know how stupid I was. It was not your fault, and I don't even know why I thought it. Taylor, I am so, so, so, sorry."

"Please don't be sorry," I whispered.

"But I feel so guilty," He told me, "I am so sorry. I was a big jerk, and I said some hurtful things, and if I could take every one of them back, if it was possible."

I smiled at him, "Don't worry, it's all forgotten. I don't know what it's like between you and your Father, but I just wanted to help you. You helped me when I needed you."

"I know, and I'm sorry," He repeated. He looked at me, giving me a small smile, and then motioning for me to come on the bed with him. I smiled at him, and lay beside him. I closed my eyes, and thanked God that he was alright.

"How broken are you?" I asked, in small voice.

"I don't know," He told me, "I'm supposed to be asleep, so no one told me anything."

I smiled, and blushed, "Sorry, I forgot." I looked at him, and then leaned over to kiss him gently on the lips. He smiled, and closed his eyes.

"I hope that means I forgive you," He whispered.

"It sure does," I exclaimed.

"Good, now I feel a little bit better," He explained. He gave me a small smile, and then looked up at the ceiling.

"Would you like me to leave?" I asked, looking at him. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"No, no, no," He muttered.

I smiled, and held tightly to his hand. He winced a little, so I loosened my grip, but still held onto it. We stared up at the ceiling together, and listened to the people walk by in the hallway.

"When the my Mom's car exploded," Mason whispered, "My brother died right away, but she died slowly and painfully. It got to the point when there was nothing they could do." He paused for a minute then said, "They let me come visit her, and she told me to get in the bed with her like I used to do when I was little."

He choked on what sounded like a sob. "You don't tell me if you don't want to," I told him.

Of course he ignored me though. "I lay on the bed with her, and we listened to the people around us. She told me that there was nothing to be afraid of because whether or not people showed it, people were always afraid."

I thought about this, and looked at him.

"She was right," Mason said, "But it's different with this. This time I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid to die."

Okay, it might seem really stupid that he would ggive up jst like tht, but remember he hates his Dad, he was angry, and he got into a really bad car accident, like there was a chance he could have been paralyzed..... so please dont judge me to much. it gets better, I promise!!