Part 36: First Reaction

Harry's POV

"Do you have to go?" Ari pouts as she sits on top of my already filled luggage as she folds some of my clothes so that I can put into my carry on.

"I mean I've already paid for everyone to meet me in Jamaica so in that sense I guess I have to, or at least I should go" I admit as I go to zip up my luggage and with Ari's added weight it's so much easier to close. I'm going to Jamaica for the next two months with a few producers and writers to work on my debut solo album. It's been something Jeff and I have been planning for months and even though I'm really enjoying just being here with Ari, I know I should go. I need to focus on this album and being away from everything and everyone is gonna give me my best results and I really want to make this album the best that I possibly can.

"You're right, and I do think it's what you need. You shouldn't make your album in New York just to be with me or whatever. I want you to do your best, don't think that I'm upset or anything, that'll only distract you" Ari admits. It's nice that she wants me to push myself to be the best I can be rather than just stay in my comfort zone and stay with her. She's putting her needs aside so that I can become better and I really appreciate that.

"You'll always be a distraction" I say with a smirk as she rolls her eyes and I give her a kiss.

"You're so corny, please don't make lyrics that stupid as well" she giggles. "And maybe spend some time writing better lines to use on me... and only me!" she adds.

"Well how am I supposed to know if those lines are any better? I'm gonna have to use them on someone else first" I tease as she grabs my shirt and pulls me closer to her.

"That's not funny! Okay that's it, you're not going!" she exclaims as she gives me a kiss and I can't help but laugh. "Seriously though. I'm gonna miss you. I mean two months?! Holy- I can't even think about it. Especially after almost 6 months together of going to bed and waking up next to each other and spending so much time together to like nothing" she admits and I nod my head. She's right, even while Ari's working on SNL and has to stay up late at night to work, she always comes back to her place to sleep with me rather than just sleep on the couch in her office like she usually does. She's made such an effort to be with me, I know that she wants this relationship to work and I know she wants to be with me. I want the same. But I don't know if she believes me since I'm going away for two months just to work and get away from everyone and everything. I don't want her to think I don't want to be near her because I do.

"We'll still have FaceTime" I admit to ease the mood and she smiles faintly, I can tell she'd rather have me here in person but doesn't want me to think she's upset. She really wants me to go and have fun and make the music I want, but no matter what she'll always be my first priority. "And we still have right now" I admit "so let's do stuff, let's learn more about each other. Are you ticklish?" I ask playfully as I begin to tickle Ari's sides and she begins to laugh and squirm before jumping off my luggage to get away from me. I can already tell she's in a better mood. I hope she stays this way, I just want her to realize that even when I'm gone everything will still be okay, I'll still love her and we've been apart before, we can make this work.

"Stop it! Yes, I am and you know this" she squeals as she tries to run away but I grab her waist and pull her close to me so I can give her a bunch of kisses as she laughs uncontrollably. Once she's finally calmed down a bit she turns to look at me, a single strand of her hair is out of place covering a bit of her face but her illuminating brown eyes still pierce into mine. She's perfect, I never want to let her go. "I love you" she admits, I can't tell if it's normal that hearing those three words still have such a huge impact on me. I know she loves me but hearing her say it always sends chills down my spine. I give her a kiss as I lift her up and lay her on the bed, it's gonna be impossible to leave her.