Part 33: I Matter

Ariana's POV

"I don't know I kinda want cereal" I shrug and I hear Harry scoff.

"You want cereal? Are you mad?! We should be celebrating" I hear Harry exclaim which makes me giggle. After weeks of searching and consulting with various people and agencies I have finally found a new condo to rent in New York.

"I'm sorry, I don't know! I've been thinking about it all day! Froot Loops to be exact" I admit as I move over and straddle his waist.

"You're unbelievable" he smirks before biting his lip as he looks at me and places his hands on my butt, he is so sexy.

"Hey at least I suggested something! It looks like you could care less about what we eat" I admit.

"Alright fine, you caught me" he chuckles. "Excuse me for trying to make today special for you. I'll get you some Froot Loops as soon as I can" he admits. "But first I thought we could celebrate in another way" he smirks which makes me giggle before I playfully roll my eyes.

...

"Let's park as close to the front as we can, in case we need a quick getaway" I hear Harry's manager, Jeff, joke as Harry pulls into the Ikea parking lot. I want to go shopping for furniture and I thought Ikea would be the perfect place because I loved going there when I was younger to buy stuff for my bedroom, plus anything I like I can also get in New York since there are Ikea's all over the world.

While I've gotten a bunch of offers from different interior designers to furnish my new condo in New York for me I kinda want to do a bit of that myself. I always loved shopping for furniture and I thought it would be nice to go and find some stuff with Harry. Unfortunately, Jeff thought it would be a bad idea for us to go furniture shopping together because they'd assume Harry and I have bought a house together and we'd be hounded with press. I personally don't see what the big deal is, everyone kinda knows we're living together right now anyways. But now we have to go shopping with Jeff and his girlfriend Glenne so that people will think they're the ones buying furniture and Harry and I are just tagging along. It's not ideal but I hope it doesn't ruin the day.

"So what are you looking for Ari?" Jeff asks as we walk into the building.

"Uhm, furniture" I admit which makes everyone laugh although I wasn't trying to be funny. I'm already kinda annoyed that he and Glenne have to join our shopping trip and I can't stand his stupid questions. Jeff and I aren't even really friends, I wouldn't have minded if Harry's family or something came with us, their opinions actually matter to me.

I grab Harry's hand as we make our way to the first showcase since there are a lot of people and kids around and it kinda makes me anxious. Unfortunately, Harry is soon pulled away from me by Jeff to look at something and I try and just look at some stuff myself. I love how Ikea arranges their products, you can see how they would look and what colours and other pieces would go along with them. I seriously want to find as much furniture as I can for my apartment today so Ikea is the perfect place to shop. However, before I can really look at anything I notice Jeff, Glenne, and Harry already far ahead of me and I have to go and catch up with them since I feel uncomfortable on my own. Once I catch up I hear Jeff just chatting with Harry as they walk, not even looking at anything. It's kinda annoying but I don't want to say anything and seem like a prick or something.

I honestly don't even know why we travelled all the way over here today, no one's even looking at anything. I mean I get if Jeff and Glenne don't want to buy anything but no one even cares if I want something. As we continue through the store I start to accept that we won't really be buying anything and then suddenly we've stopped by a bookcase and I realize through the conversation everyone is having that I haven't really been focusing on, Glenna wants to buy it.