Part 32: This is my Life

"I'm fine, goodnight I love you" I say as I give Frankie a hug. He offered to stay up and talk and I offered to do the same since tonight was a lot. Not only was it rude and embarrassing but, it was also a little glimpse into the past when Frankie and I were younger and my dad was abusive towards us and our mom. It definitely hurt to bring those feelings back up and I'm sure Frankie feels the same way. But he assures me it's okay and I agree. I watch as he heads into his guest bedroom and then I head into mine. It feels like I'm home but, I think it's just because of the stress I've faced lately. I still need to think about all the things Harry did, I can't let my need for comfort give him a free pass.

I decide to try and go to sleep but as I lay in bed I realize that's not gonna happen. There's no way I'm getting anymore sleep tonight, I'm way too stressed and upset to do so. Besides, Harry's bed feels surprisingly uncomfortable and I hate it. I grab my phone and notice a bunch of texts from Harry. He's basically been texting me since we've left and has been texting every now and then since. I wish he would just get some sleep, I feel horrible that my dad woke him up like that, he doesn't deserve it. I know what he did was horrible but he still doesn't deserve that.

Most of his texts are just apologies and begs to talk, he also asks if I'm okay and is worried for me. He's seen my dad yell at me as well in the past and I genuinely believe he's concerned. I want to text him that everything's fine but I also don't want him to think that I'm talking to him. I decide to just text Gemma and let her know we've gotten back to Harry's house and everything is fine. I don't know if she cares but if she's awake I'm assuming she could tell Harry. Besides, if Harry seems so stressed out I'm sure the rest of his family is also up trying to make him feel better. It sucks to think that I've ruined their whole night, not to mention sleep cycles.

I still can't sleep so I decide to get up and I walk around Harry's room. I stumble across some of his shirts and I want to put them on, I fall asleep much better in his clothes. Not because they're more comfortable, I have plenty of comfortable shirts myself, there's just something about it that makes me feel loved and safe. But I decide not to wear it, I need to unattach myself from Harry and just think. I decide to go and look out the beautiful, large, glass window in his room, it's the best view for me to just zone out and think.

...

"Fuck" I whisper to myself. I've been staring out the window for about forty minutes and I think I've been making some progress in sorting out my thoughts. That is until now, I just heard footsteps down the hall and I know someone else is up. I hear them open the door to the bedroom and I just pray to God it's not my dad. Talking with Frankie wouldn't be ideal right now but I would love to see him rather than my dad at the moment. Either way I don't know how they knew I haven't been sleeping but I need to pretend like I'm about to go to bed. I can see the shadow of whoever just walked in but I don't know who's here, it's too dark. There's some light coming from the window but they're too far away to be lit up by it.

"Ari?" I hear them say quietly as they walk towards me. The voice doesn't belong to my dad or Frankie, I know exactly whose voice it is and I'm ready to jump out the window.

"Harry? What are you doing here, are you crazy?" I whisper, I'm completely shocked to see him here right now but I have to try and keep quiet.

"Yes! Ari I feel completely insane" he exclaims while still managing to whisper as he comes closer to me. "I need to talk to you" he frowns.

"It couldn't wait? My dad is a few feet away, the whole reason we're here is to be away from you" I argue. If my dad wakes up all of this is gonna blow up in our face.

"Ari I can't let you leave again" he says. "If you go home with your dad it's gonna be nearly impossible to see you without him seeing me as well. You're not leaving this house until we work this out" he adds.