Part 35: Just Move On

"Cheers to season 42!" I hear Lindsay Shookus, one of the producers of Saturday Night Live, toast. It's Monday evening, and Harry and I were currently at some fancy New York, Upper East Side restaurant with the rest of the SNL crew and their families for the first dinner party of the season. "And cheers to Ariana and Harry finally getting back together!" She adds completely catching me off guard as everyone at our table cheers. It's sweet that everyone is so excited we're back together, their opinions mean a lot to me. "And cheers to Donald Trump giving us a comedy gold mine" she jokes which makes everyone laugh.

"Okay can we talk about me and Donald Trump in the same sentence, especially in any form of celebration" I say playfully to end Lindsay's seemingly everlasting toast.

"Sorry! I just wanted to make it clear that I am really genuinely happy to see you two together" she explains and some people at the table cheer and clap in agreement but I can't help but just blush and look down in my lap.

"Enjoy it while it lasts, you never know with us" I hear Harry say and I immediately look up in shock as I playfully hit his arm. "What? I'm joking" he smiles as he jumps a bit from my slap as if it actually hurt.

"Even if you're joking I'm still taking your advice and enjoying this" I hear my fellow cast member and actual friend Vanessa Bayer say as I roll my eye.

"Okay yeah fine we've broken up a couple of time get over it people" I laugh. I know everyone here knows about Harry and I's on and off status, even if I didn't tell them directly it's constantly publicized. It's something I've had a hard time dealing with but I love all these people and they make me laugh and I know they know the real me so if I can be reminded and teased about it by anyone I'm glad it's my coworkers. Besides, I think it's good to be able laugh at it and myself.

It's nice to catch up and get back to work, besides from Harry, the laughs and memories I share while working at SNL may be when I'm happiest. There's so many people in the show, from the cast and crew to the week's host and their crew so I haven't been able to catch up much with people who aren't sitting at my table but, the conversations I'm having at the moment make me excited to catch up with everyone else as well.

"There's so doubt in my mind that we have a very talented group of people dedicated to this show so let's go and make this a good season" I hear Lorne say to end his little speech. Lorne created this show back in the seventies and the fact that he took a chance on me and gave me my career is something I'll always cherish. He's been a father for me when even my dad wasn't and seeing him give me a subtle nod of approval tonight when he saw me with Harry means the absolute world to me. I'm really enjoying today.

"Are you tired?" I whisper in Harry's ear as we stand with the rest of the crew. Everyone is hugging each other and leaving since the dinner had just ended. Personally, as much as I love hanging out with the cast, I want nothing more than to go home and cuddle with Harry as we watch a movie, preferably The Pink Panther.

"No, are you?" He asks and before I can reply our conversation is interrupted as I hear someone call my name.

"Ariana!" I hear Abel, aka The Weeknd, the musical guest for the week say as he walks over to us.

"Hi!" I say with a smile as I lean in to give him a hug. I've met Abel a couple times before, at different events and he's been on SNL a couple times before. "I'm really excited you're here! How does it feel being the first musical guest of the season?" I ask. I'm so use to making small talk with the celebrities that come on SNL each week, and while I can still get anxious, it's nice to have a clear routine of what to say and do.

"It's really cool, I'm feeling very blessed. It's gonna be incredible to watch all of you perform live" he admits and I nod my head.

"It's gonna be incredible to watch you perform live" I say back, "nice haircut by the way" I add and I see him blush while letting out a little laugh.