chapter 35 - Call me, Shane.

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Lara,...I need to tell you something." he said holding my hands in his.

"Tell me something? What?" I asked trying to read his facial expression. I could see his handsome face had an uncomfortable and uneasy expression plastered on it.

"Is everything alright?" I asked with concern.

"Yeah...it's just that I wanted to tell you something-something very important." He said and pulled me gently towards him by my waist which made me collide with his body. I could feel his perfectly structured abs under his T-shirt.

My hands automatically went up and settled on his broad chest. I could feel his heart beating loudly. My heartbeat was as loud as his.

"What do...you...want to...tell me..Mr. Adams?" I asked looking at my hands which were rested on his chest.

He made me look into his eyes by lifting my chin with his finger. I looked into his deep oceanic eyes. Can your eyes get any deeper?

His eyes had this intense look as if he was trying to read my eyes.

"Lara..." He said huskily

"I wanted to say that...that I-" he continued

"You what, Mr. Adams?" I asked, breathless.

"I...lov..."

"Wake up!" I heard a shrill voice.

I woke up startled and looked everywhere to see if I was in any kind of trouble but there stood my best friend Ash with my duvet in her hands and Angie looking at me concerned.

"Are you fine, Lara?" Angie asked, sitting beside me.

"Yes, I am fine. Why are you asking this to me?" I asked raising my eye brows.

"Because you were talking to the pillow, 'Tell me...' What were you dreaming about?" Ash asked with a smirk on her face

Shit...I was dreaming.

"Uh...oh...I..was dreaming...about Cara. Yeah I was scolding her in my dream because she ate many candies and she got cavities." I said trying to sound normal.

"Yeah, and I am Queen Victoria " Ash said folding her arms over her chest.

"Girl, don't even think of lying to me. Now spill all your secrets right now." Ash said sternly.

Shane's P.O.V. :

"Tell us what's bothering you." Jake asked, sitting in front of me on the sofa in his room.

I looked at him and took a deep breathe.

"What is the one thing you can never ever expect from me?" I asked looking down at nothing in particular

"You falling for a girl. " Jake said, without even thinking twice.

I looked up at his face with surprise.

This guy has done a PHD on me and my life.

"Uh...so..yeah..the unexpected has happened." I said slowly and looked everywhere but them.

Ian threw all the content of his mouth after hearing me. Jake looked at me shock with his mouth almost touching the floor.