chapter 29 -Let the fun begin

Lara'S P. O. V. :

"Baby, you'll be okay with Mrs. Adams, right? " I asked Cara for the umpteenth time on the phone.

Right now all six of us are in Mr. Adams' private plane. It's been three days since our fake marriage took place.

We wanted to bring the kids with us on this tour but Cara caught a cold and we had to leave her there and, Jonah and Josh said that they want to stay with Cara so now only we 6 are travelling.

I really didn't want to leave Cara and come as I have never done that before. I wanted to cancel my trip and stay with her but then I thought about aunt Suzie and I couldn't do that to her. She requested me to come and if I didn't go she would get disappointed.

I don't know how Mrs. Adams and Cameron are gonna manage Cara. Though I trust them completely, it's just that sometimes Cara can be difficult to handle.

"I will be fine, mommy." Cara said. I could hear the heaviness in her voice due to the cough.

"And you won't trouble them and be a good girl. Promise? " I asked, giving her a warning.

"I promise, mommy. I will be a good girl. I won't trouble grandma. I am your good girl. " she said, bravely.

It's so good to hear Cara address Mrs. Adams as grandma.

"Aww my baby, mommy loves you so much." I said trying to restrain my tears from spilling.

God...I've become such a cry baby.

"Hey there, champ! Get well soon, okay? Your mommy will be back in no time." Mr. Adams took the mobile from my hand and spoke.

"Good...Of course, I will. Yes I know." he said looking at me. He then cut the call and passed me my phone.

"What did she say? " I asked whilst shoving my phone inside my bag

"She said to take care of myself and to be aware of you. You know sometimes the spirit of a witch comes into your body and starts throwing punches on people, precisely on me. " he said rolling his eyes, dramatically.

"Oh yeah right, I believe she said that. " I said, sarcastically and rolled my eyes to which he chuckled and shifted in his seat comfortably and started doing his work on his laptop.

Such a workaholic.

I knew that he's a workaholic but never had I ever imagined that he would be such an extreme level of a workaholic.

I still remember, the day after our fake wedding, Mr. Adams caught cold and was shivering with fever. Well in this case any normal person would have stayed home, taken the medicine and rested in bed. But, Mr. Adams is not a normal guy. He ate two tablets at once and then flew to LA for his business meeting. Like seriously? What is he?  A robot?

He could have done the meeting via video call but according to our workaholic Mr. Adams, that isn't the way he works. He works with perfection and he needs everything to be perfect and up to his standards. He doesn't allow any imperfections in his life.

It's been a few weeks that I have spent with him. In these few weeks, I have come to know a lot about Mr. Adams. First thing that he's an extreme workaholic, secondly, that he loves his family more than anything and also, that he's a good man. He loves and cares about his dear ones but he doesn't know how to show it sometimes. He gets so much indulged into work that he forgets to make time for his family and friends.

No wonder, Cameron asked me to teach her little brother how to loosen up a little and to enjoy.

Flashback: