chapter 38- Guest for the wedding.

Lara's P.O.V. :

Have you ever felt that you have lost nothing but yet you feel as if something which belonged to you but that isn't yours anymore? The same feeling has taken over me and my conscience. I don't know why I am feeling this way?

I mean, Shane never told me that he loves me or even likes me in that way then why am I feeling betrayed right now? Why am I angry at him? He never promised me anything neither did he ever told me to fall for him. It was all my sole decision then why? Why am I feeling so bad?

..........

"Why are you putting all our clothes in the bag, mommy? Are we going somewhere?" Cara asked encircling her arms around my neck from behind.

"Yes, baby. We are going back home." I said as I continued packing the bags.

"But why?" She asked, annoyed.

Because there's no reason left for us to stay.

"Because now our work here is finished. Grandma has regained her memory." I explained

She started crying but tried hard not to show me that she was crying. She's the same as me.

I brought her towards me and hugged. "I'll miss grandma, grandpa, aunt Cameron and Josh....and..daddy." She said in her crying voice.

"Shh..baby. Stop crying." I consoled caressing her hair and kissing her on the head.

Suddenly the door of the room flew open and in came a furious looking Ash and concerned Angie.

"Is he really marrying another woman?" She asked, furiously

I looked down on my folded clothes to avoid her question and burning gaze.

After a few seconds, I nodded my head slowly.

Angie came and embraced me whereas Ash sat beside me on the bed and caressed my shoulder.

"How can he marry some other girl when he loves you?" Angie asked confused

"He doesn't love me, Angie...he never did. And he never will." I said and hugged her harder still holding back my tears.

"It's not like that, Lara. I could see..and not only me but everyone could see the love for you in his eyes." Angie said

"No, Angie. He doesn't love me." I affirmed.

*******

"I wish I could stop you from going, Lara." Mrs Adams said sadly

"Now there isn't any reason left for us to stay here Mrs Adams," I said trying to maintain my best smile

"Please call me mom, dear....you're  family to me." She said taking me into her embrace.

I smiled tiredly at her and was about to call her mom but stopped midway when I saw them descending down the stairs.

"It's not my right to call you mom, Mrs Adams. " I said trying not to sound sad

"I think we should leave now. The cab driver must be waiting for us." I said as I saw them approaching us hand in hand.

"Shane, look Lara is going. Please tell her to stop." I heard Mrs Adams say behind my back.

"If she wants to go then let her go, mom. We cannot force someone to stay against their will," he said with no emotion lathered in his voice

Yeah..what was I expecting? That he would stop me?

Without even bothering to look back at him I walked out of the mansion with Cara.

So this story is finally over.

"Lara.." I was about to leave the mansion when I heard Tiara calling out my name. I looked turned to her and looked at her.

"Yes," I said trying not to sound rude

She walked up to me with a genuine smile on her face.

"Lara, you've really done a lot for this family. Can I ask you one more favor from you?" She asked me hopefully

I looked at her raising my eyebrow.

"Favor?" I asked confused.

"Yes, I want you to stay with us until our wedding. I'll really be glad to have you here with us for our wedding." She said holding both my hand with the glee of hope in her eyes.

"I don't think I should stay here. I mean I am not related to this family or you....how can I stay here for your wed..wedding?" I asked

"You're much more than just a mere relative..you're a family now, right babe?" She said and looked at Mr Adams for his consent.

He looked at her in confusion first but then after a few seconds he looked at me and spoke.

"Yeah..yes. You're more than a family to us. We'd be glad to have you here for our wedding." He said looking into my eyes.

Stop speaking or else I'll beat the life out of you mister.

I wanted to yell at him but controlled myself.

"Please Lara, stay." Mrs Adams added

"Umm....but.." I was stopped when I was cut off midway.

"No buts, Lara. You're staying with us. Final. " we heard Cameron.

Cameron was standing at the last step of the staircase. She walked to us with a servant trailing behind her.

"Take Ms. Jones' luggage in the guest room." She instructed the servant

"Let's go, Cara. Time for bed. " Cameron said and took the excited Cara with her.

"Let's get going, Lara dear." Mrs Adams said and pulled me with her.

What is happening?

*****

"So, you're staying for the wedding?" Ash asked me through the call. We three were on a conference call right now.

"I guess," I said confused.

"Why?" Angie asked

"I don't know. Tiara wants me to stay." I said still trying to figure out why actually I agreed. Wait, did I even agree?

"I really don't know, guys. I am a mess right now." I said and looked out of the window. I was talking to them when I heard a knock at the door.

Who is it at this hour?

I walked to the door and gently opened it.

"Mrs Adams? Cameron? What are you guys doing here?" I asked confused.

They both looked at each other knowingly and smiled.

Am I in a trouble?

❤❤❤