19-The After Math

Start from the beginning

"I woke up to pee but it can wait." The older women states taking a chair and seating herself next to the younger girl. "Tell me what's wrong."

Cara hesitates, reopening and closing her mouth in reluctance. She sighs and places her, now lukewarm coffee, on the table. Cara's heart was hammering against her chest, why was she being so nervous? Cara finally opened her mouth as the words flowed out of her mouth in a rush. "I don't want to sleep anymore." Cara whispered, her voice cracking slightly. Her watered eyes found Mellissa's worried one's and she stared at her, indicating she wanted her to continue.

"The dre- nightmares. They get worse every time I close my eyes. But-" She laughs bitterly. "It happens all the time, at first it was just nightmares but now... I'll walk into the bathroom and see everyone around me dead. And it's my fault. I'd be the one standing over their dead corpse with a feeling of pleasure. While they whither in pain and blood falls from their wounds and I just stand there, with a smile. A smile. Plastered on my face. And its, its like if I close my eyes even for a minute I'll find myself in even more suffering. I don't find peace. I find torture." Cara finishes, Tears falling down her face freely as she stares at her slightly scarred knees.

The Older women is at loss of words as the other girl stutters over her own words. The pain, the hurt, the sadness written all over her face. Mellissa McCall had encountered pain and heartbreak in her life many times, all the times her husband would come home drunk and slurring his words, his clothes messy before he left. He left his family who were so understanding of his situation. Tears sprang to her own eyes as she saw the pain etched on Cara's face as she explained what she felt.

"I find it easier to not sleep at all." Cara told the women. She finally looked up as Mellissa wiped her own tears, Cara was taken into the women's warm embrace and Cara couldn't have felt any better. She longed to feel her mothers touch. The motherly love she hadn't felt in almost 10 years. And Cara whimpered and she clutched on to the women with a tight grasp as if, if she would let go, Mellissa would disappear.

"You're so brave, sweetheart. So brave. I know what you're going through is something that nobody can understand and its different. But to those who deserve it, they will always find peace, love and happiness, and you, Cara, deserve it more then anyone else." Mellissa's soothing words brought a genuine smile on Cara's face.

"Now come on. I know how to help someone fall asleep like a baby." Mellissa grinned as she grabbed Cara's arm softly and took her to her own room. She gestured to the bed and Cara, once again, hesitantly moved into her bed. Melissa got in herself and sat crossed leg. She put Cara's head in her lap and brushed through her hair. Her hand brushed against Cara's ear to the back of her head as, for once, Cara fell asleep with no pain on her mind.

When Scott McCall had gotten up the next day, he looked around the house for Cara who was usually awake earlier then himself. With his eyes furrowed he looked into the last room, which was his mothers. He knocked on the door slightly, when he got no reply he entered and smiled at what he saw. Cara's head was rested in his mother's lap and his mother's head was on the pillows as soft snores came from both of them.

********

Shadows were confusing, and little kids would usually find themselves chasing their own in delight and pleasure. The story of Peter Pan coming to mind instantly. But it was much different for Scott McCall as he found himself being chased by his monstrous form. The fear of becoming the terrifying Alpha who made him the creature that he now was. He feared that he would become a monster but worse, Peter Hale. The one who had created him, the one who murdered his own sister with no mercy. The one who would do anything to save himself, the one who would do anything to regain the power he once had.