12 | HOME INVASION

SHOOTING ARROWS
12 | " i could never be with her "

SHOOTING ARROWS 12 | " i could never be with her "

"I'M MEETING ROSE for lunch." Oliver told Diggle and Felicity. They both just stared at him. "We're just.. we're best friends." Felicity nodded, not believing him at all.

"Friends are good." She said. Diggle nodded in agreement.

"But?" Oliver asked.

"Oliver, you're in love with the girl. There's nothing wrong with going on lunch dates, but when are you telling her the truth?" Diggle asked.

"He's right." Felicity agreed, looking at Diggle.

"She's got a boyfriend!" Oliver yelled so they can hear him since he's already walking away.

➳➳➳➳

Rose sat on her desk, she was working on a case that just came up. "Hi." Someone said, behind her. Rose turned around to see Oliver standing there with a smile on his face.

Rose looked at him confused but then it hit her, lunch. "Oh my god, I'm sorry! I forgot, something came up." She quickly apologized.

Oliver chuckled. "It's fine. Rain check?" He asked.

"Yeah, definitely." She said, giving him a smile.

Oliver smiled back. "Well, I need to catch up on some club paperwork. I'm way behind since Tommy left." He told her.

Rose frowned. "Seriously?"

Rose stood up and started walking to where Laurel was with a married couple and their son. "I'm sorry. Are we early?" He asked.

Rose smiled and shook her head. "No, not at all." She kindly told them.

"Oliver, this is Eric Moore and his wife Nancy." Rose said, introducing Oliver to the couple.

"I'm preparing them for a deposition for tomorrow." Laurel told Oliver.

Oliver noticed the kid hiding behind them and smiled at him. "This is our son, Taylor."

Oliver looked at Rose and then at them, "Well you're in good hands." Oliver said, smiling at Rose. "It was nice to meet you." He told them, walking away.

Rose walked up to Taylor and offered him her hand. He looked at his parents and he hesitated to take her hand, but he did. Rose took him to where her desk is while Laurel talked to the parents. Rose gave the kid a smile and kneeled down. "It's gonna be okay." She told him.