3

You jolt awake, sitting up straight and breathing heavily. Your hands flail to grasp onto something. Something to steady your spinning head. And all you can find is the soft silk of your bed.

You look around and realize that you are back in your apartment bedroom. Nothing had changed, but the sun that is now pouring light into your room, illuminating your bed.

The handcuffs are gone, the bruises on your wrists have disappeared, and the pain in your left leg is no more, indicating that your bone has healed.

You reach up to place your hand on your forehead to find that you have broken into a cold sweat.

It was all just a nightmare. But it all seemed so real.

You look over your check the time to see that it is almost 11:30 in the morning.

Shit. You think to yourself. I've wasted filming time.

Slowly but surely, you swing your legs over the side of the bed, and step onto the soft carpet. Then the pain starts, rushing all to your head as if you'd gotten up too quickly. Stars sparkle around you. Your eyes are heavy with exhaustion even though you had slept the entire night.

You take a deep breath and the stars start fade away. You gather enough energy and stand up, your head feeling heavy. By leaning on almost every piece of furniture in the room, eventually you make it out the door of your room and into the bathroom.

You shut the door to your small bathroom behind you and you lean on the counter with both hands on either side of the sink, you head hung. Your eyes look up and you see a complete mess. Pajama's distorted and drenched in sweat, hair a rat's nest, dark circles under your eyes, plus some fluid dripping down your face. You can't tell if it's sweat or tears. Or both.

You strip off your clothes and stand in the shower under hot running water a lot longer than you should, with your head resting against the wall. Thinking....

After you've finished your 30 minute shower, you step out and dry yourself off with a towel and pull your damp hair up in a ponytail. And that's when you notice a bump. You lean into the mirror and piece at your hair with your fingers, just looking along your scalp. Then you feel something. Just behind your hairline and above your ear, hidden when your hair is loose, is a dark mark on the right side of your forehead about the size of a penny. It almost looks like a scar that was once a deep cut but has healed over months.

You realize that that was the exact spot you had hit your head in the dream last night.

You push yourself from the sink and shake your head. Making the effort to convince yourself that it's just a coincidence. Okay... Maybe I just hit my head when I was asleep. Yeah. That's it. But you know damn well that a small bang wouldn't make a scar that deep and heal just within hours.

You take your time putting yourself together, dressing, putting a touch of makeup on, and fully drying your hair and letting it fall, completely hiding the scar from sight.

Soon, you are all set up to record a video. Today you decided to do a quick Q&A. You've already wasted time sleeping and taking an extensive shower, so you might as well make a video that doesn't take much preparation.

You sit down at your set up and take out your phone. You tweet out:

"Hey guys! I'm gonna be recording  a Q&A here in a minute so hit me up with some questions to answer! 🤙🏻"