{16} Acceptance

Important Note:

Hiii loves.

First off, an apology for being gone for so long. Part life, part having a major writer's block. But I've finally gotten my stuff together and can only hope I will continue to get all of your great support. <3

No more of that, since now I have officially plotted out this story! Before, I would write chapter by chapter and see where the writing would take me. Clearly, it had only taken me so far. But Maya deserves to have her story written, so now we're back and excited as ever! A reminder that this is my first story, and I am continuing to improve my writing each chapter so constructive feedback is always welcome! Also, improvements are coming to previous chapters! Minor ones that will help with the flow of the book in regards to the plot, to make my characters seem more human-like and natural as I feel that is one of my biggest weaknesses. A recap has been included below since it has been a while.

!!!--->As always, support is appreciated through votes and comments and updates will be frequent! <-----!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

Maya Ivory is just your everyday girl. Except for the fact that she is riddled with unknown sickness in the form of attacks, and has some pretty weird set of eyes. Her attacks have been progressively been getting worse, the latest one leaving her unconscious to up to a week.

Not only that, Maya cannot catch a break when she's suddenly plagued by a dark silhouette of a girl who follows her everywhere she goes. However, this girl might just be an ally who helped her in the surprise attack on her home. Where she was woken up in the middle of the night, given a bag of supplies, and had to run for safety from people that have been after her.

Maya has lost everything. Her home was set ablaze, and was forced to leave behind her parents. In the effort to be with her parents she landed in Alaska, where instructions had told her to meet with a couple. But in the last chapter, it was revealed that the couple betrayed Maya in the desperate measure of saving their very sick daughter.

And Maya would not go down without a fight.

(The end of chapter 15:)

"And I knew I had no other choice. No other way of getting out.

I would see my parents again.

So, I let go.

Retreating into myself, the outside world faded away. I unlocked the front gate, allowing entry. And one by one, I searched every barrier in my mind. I felt as the walls were knocked down with the help of the clawing animal who reached closer and closer to my center than ever before. It rammed against each wall while I willed each one down in a sense of urgency.

Each wall that fell, the more I felt it. Each wall that fell, the more I could feel it intertwining with me. Each wall that fell, the more I accepted it into me.

And then,

the last wall

fell."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A faint chuckle echoed in my head.

"Pull over! W-why is she shaking-"

A pathetic whimper escaped through my ragged breathing. The powerful presence took advantage of its free reign, quickly invading every crevice in my brain. My eyes shot open, unable to focus on my surroundings as the world blurred before me.