An unforgettable death

Kanan felt his heart stop. The Lasat groaned in pain as the lightsaber was taken from his back. He collapsed in front of Kanan, still and motionless.
Kanan stared up at Izor who was glaring down at them. Then it looked like a lightbulb went off in his head. He gasped and stumbled backwards, eyes wide.
"No...what have I done?" He whispered.
He looked at his lightsaber before running back towards the Imperial shuttle. Kanan quickly focused his attention on Zeb and rolled the Lasat over.
Hera, Sabine and Chopper sped from the Ghost a few feet away from them.
Kanan briefly wondered how on earth he didn't hear it land during his lightsaber battle.
Hera and Sabine crouched beside Zeb, eyes concerned and tearful. Chopper was standing beside Kanan, warbling in sadness.
"Zeb, stay with us" Hera pleaded.
"Can't you heal him with the Force?" Sabine asked Kanan desperately.
Kanan blinked back tears and shook his head.
"I...I can't. I never learned how" he told her.
Zeb gave them a weak smile.
"Thanks for everything you guys...I really appreciate what you've done for me" he gasped in pain and put his claws over the wound.
"I'll miss you all and if you get Ezra back, tell him this wasn't his fault."
"We'll get him back Zeb, I...I promise" Kanan told him.
Zeb gave a final smile before he became limp. Eyes closed as his life ended.
Sabine sobbed into Hera's shoulder while Kanan bowed his head, silent tears streaming down his face.
First they'd lost Ezra, now they'd lost Zeb.

How many losses was the Empire going to make them suffer through?

Izor stumbled through the grass, fear and regret in his heart. He suddenly collapsed to his knees, clutching his head.
"No...stop! Please!" He begged as his brain began to pound.
It was like two people were fighting inside his mind.
A good side and a bad.
Izor screamed in pain as the pounding worsened.
Then he heard two voices, both he reconised.
Kanan and the Seventh Sister.
"Ezra! Fight it the darkness!"
"Don't listen to him Izor. Your destiny is the Dark side."
"You know who you are Ezra, don't let the darkness twist your mind!"
"The Jedi is lying to you Izor, block him out, break your bond."
"Ezra, you and I are connected, bond or not. You may have made a few mistakes but no matter what, I'll always love you."  
Unable to take any more, Izor screamed again before falling into the grass.

Unconscious.