Chapter Five-Peter-Breathe

Start from the beginning

Perfect! Just as I planned,” Nic said gleefully, tugging at the fabric and straightening the bow tie slightly, before hovering back and appraising me once more.

You look mighty handsome Peter, if I do say so myself, but don't tell Kaytee I said that.” he winked and I chuckled, my heart picking up when he said her name. I heard a brief shuffling from behind me and I saw Sammy step into the doorway.

“Wow, Dad,” he whistled lowly, stepping up to me. “You clean up pretty dang well. Mom's not going to recognize you.” he laughed, and I smirked, but eyed him too.

“You're not so bad yourself, boy. Look at you,” I said and he did a full three sixty turn, his arms out stretched as I examined the tux he wore identical to mine.

“You like? Annic did mine, too.” he smirked, with a nod and I did the same.

“Of course! The Best Man of the Groom has to have a tux also.” I grinned and he bumped my fist. Three female fairies came flying over next, carrying combs and some kind of gel. My eyes widened and Sammy snickered. They attacked me, forcing the comb through my curls and parting it to the side, using the gel to keep it in place. They didn't slick it back, thank goodness, they just tamed my poorly cut locks.

What can I say? Rusty scissors can only do so much.

There. Annic, darling, I think that's the best we can do with these curls.” the middle fairy sighed, blushing when I winked to her. Nic flew over and patted my hair.

That looks fantastic, Arianna, thank you.” he chimed and they nodded, flying out of the room.

We've got twenty minutes 'til show time, anything you need Peter?” Annic asked me and I shook my head, nerves starting to creep into my mind. He nodded and flew over to Sammy starting to adjust his outfit, but I barely noticed. Worst case scenarios flashed into my head.

What if she changes her mind?

What if she doesn't say 'I do'?

What if she runs away?

What if she thinks she doesn't love me enough?

What if thinks this is too grown up for her?

What if she ends up realising she doesn't want to be my wife?

What if she doesn't want me to be the husband?

What if, what if, what if...

My breathing picked up and I was soon full out hyperventalating, but Sammy was the first to notice.

“Dad? Are you okay?” he asked frantically, darting out of the reach of the primping fairies, and sprinting over to me. I just shook my head and collapsed onto the chair, my eyes wide with worry at all the ways she could change her mind...

What if...

What if...

What if...

“Calm down, Dad, you're freaking out.” Sammy commanded with worry, but I ignored him, continuing to gasp for air as I was having a nervous break down. My body started shaking uncontrollably and I fought back tears.

“What if she doesn't want to marry me Sammy?! What if she-if she- I can't live with out her- I don't know what I'd do if she- if she-” I cried, choking to get air down my throat and I heard him tell Delilah, his fairy friend, to go get someone, but I didn't catch the name. Two minutes of my incomprehensible speech later, a brilliant light flew in front of my face.