The Reasons Why

Sagittarius' POV

As I listened to Cap's plan, my eyes widened.

"Cap, that's dangerous!" I remarked, shocked that she would even consider putting us all in so much danger.

"Yeah, but we all have powers now." Cap stated. "And I've done all the research. Yesterday, when everyone went to sleep, I was working on finding Ophiuchus' location. I've narrowed it down to three locations."

Hydra shook her head.

"Okay, then, if your sure." She said. "Lynx, Scorpio, Gem and Cancer go in one group, Leo, Aries, Pisces, Aqua and Cap go in one group and Taurus, Sag, Virgo and I will go to the last place."

I face palmed, knowing that she didn't really think through the plan for groups.

"Well?" Cap snarled. "Get GOING!"

We all scrambled to get up.

"My group is Red. Taurus' group is Blue. Lynx's group is Yellow." She said. "Blues go to wormwood drive, there is a huge abandoned warehouse and constellation energy is all around Yellows go to the abandoned house on Crown Lane, the place is filled with stardust energy, and us Reds will go to Buck Street, there's an abandoned carnival and there's an incredible amount of stardust there."

Us blues left the mansion second, after the Reds. Cap was very determined to find Libra.

There was tension in the air when we got into our car, which was obviously blue, seeing as that was our group. There was one person in that car whom I desperately wanted to make up with, but I didn't know how. Virgo used to be one of my best friends, but now she's not because of some huge, stupid misunderstanding, when we were still on our own planets. It was the day that the planet rulers (aka the Zodiacs) were picked, about 73 years ago.

Flashback

I walked out of the teleport, and linked arms with Virgo, as we walked into Venus together. We made our way to the auditorium and walked in.

I gazed around in wonder, lights were hung around the huge space, and a grand stage stood at the front of the room.

I gasped in awe, and ran to our seats at the front.

Virgo's seat was in the other side of the auditorium, so we went to our own seats.

Orion teleported into the stage, and everybody stood an bowed.

He motioned for everybody to sit.

"My loyal subjects," Orion began, "as you all know, today is the day that our Zodiacs shall be chosen. It has been 100 years since the last one's were chosen, and they have all now retired. I have chosen already."

Everybody exchanged nervous glances.

"Aries is Mia from Mars,
Taurus is Lena from Venus,
Gemini is Kem from Mercury,
Cancer is Caris from the Moon,
Leo is, well, Leo from the Sun,
Virgo is Amber from Mercury,
Libra is Alex from Venus,
Scorpio is Sean from Pluto,
Sagittarius is Avery from Jupiter,
Capricorn is Olivia from Saturn,
Aquarius is Liam from Uranus,
And Pisces is Noah from Neptune!"

I was in shock. I couldn't believe that he'd said my name.

After an hour of signing things and Orion telling us our responsibilities, we each went to our own palaces in our own planets. Virgo an I both went to mine for the night.

We'd gotten to the palace and looked around, but after that day, we couldn't sleep.

I began to think about how unreal the whole thing was. I can't believe I was chosen. I can't believe Virgo was chosen. Why was I picked to be with her of all people, they couldn't they have given me someone more stup-

My thoughts were cut short as I heard a sob from behind me, and I saw Virgo covering her ears and rocking back and forth.

Virgo could always read mind, but she couldn't control when or how. She didn't know how to stop it.

I realised that she must've heard me.

She always had insecurities as well, and was constantly asking why someone, 'like me' would hang out with someone ''like her'.

She ran out of the palace, with me chasing after her, as I tried to explain what I was thinking about, but her hands were firmly fixed against her ears.

After that day, she deleted my number and never talked to me again, no matter how much I wanted to speak to her and explain what happened. After a while, I got frustrated and began to be as rude to her as she was to me. And it definitely didn't help that we both liked Scorpio.

All I was going to say was, 'they couldn't have given me someone more stupendous.'

Flashback Over

I sighed as I remembered that day.

"We're here!" Taurus said as we came to a stop.

We got out of the car and made our way into the abandoned wreckage.

Hydra walked in first and we all heard her gasp.

"What happ- OMG!" Virgo shrieked.

Taurus and I shared a worried glance and ran in.

My jaw dropped at the sight in front of me, and Taurus started to have a panic attack.

"What do we do?! What do we do?!" She repeated, as she breathed shallowly.

Lying there in front of us, was the limp body of a teenage girl, barely breathing.

Who is the girl?

Will she survive?

Will Sag and Virgo ever become friends again?

Have the other groups found Libra?

And will Taurus faint again?

Perhaps these questions will be answered in the next chapter of Zodiac House!

929 words

-Maysah♍️❤️