8. Deucalion

*Aiyana's POV*
I opened the doorknob with bloody hands, struggling a lot. I was pretty dizzy, and a big wave of nausea would hit me every now and then. I pushed myself through the door and shut it again. I fell right to the floor, exhausted.
-"C-Chr-Chris!" I yelled as i put extra pressure on a bleeding spots on the cuts.
-"Aiyana?" Chris arrived through the door, looking happy. "What on earth took you so-" He stopped speaking, stopped walking, stopped breathing. The only thing that moved in that second, was his phone that fell. It took seconds, the screen hitting the grey carpet, glass shattering, the phone destroyed.

-"What happened?!" Chris yelled and raced towards me with no chill. I only gave him a thumbs up, trying to put a smile on his lips. But for him, the joke was not funny.
-"De-Deucalion," I mumbled as i tried to get up from the floor. It was him that happened, nothing else. Then i realized it, i've fallen in a trap. One that no one else would fall for.
-"I told you not to fall for anything! Listen, you need to heal yourself. Also, get up from the floor. I think the couch would be more comfortable for you in this case."

I gave my arms and feet all the power i had left, and with Chris's help i managed to get back up. He got under my arm and helped me over to the living room.
-"Don't worry about the couch, okay? I'm getting a new one sooner or later. Just focus on healing yourself, if you can. Deucalion is the leader of an aplha pack. If you're lucky, that wound will heal tomorrow evening or so," Chris explained. He helped me down on the couch, and he looked frustrated.

-"I wonder about a thing," i started and looked over at Chris.
-"What could that be?" Chris mumbled and stood up.
-"Is it possible to die in a living room?" I asked and laughed a little. Pulling of a joke at this time, wasn't the wisest, but i couldn't help myself. Chris chuckled, then left out of the room. I ripped the tape and the bloody jacket off, staring at the wound. It was still bleeding, and it looked very bad. Die in a living room? Where on earth did that come from?

A couple of minutes later Chris came rushing into the room with some different stuff in his hands.
-"Now what is that?" I asked and pointed to the things.
-"Things to help you. I need you to try and heal yourself right now. Can you do that?" I looked down at the wounds, only nodding.
-"One thing: When is the next full moon?" I asked and let out a sigh.
-"Tonight... why? You can keep under control then, right?" I gave him a sad smile, shaking my head.

-"I've never been awake during full moons. I've usually either drugger or knocked myself out. My adoptive father helped me by making this drink, whatever it was. Last full moon i went empty of it. I, no one, have any idea what i actually can do during a full moon. I'm worried i might hurt someone. You know, i'm something else as well," I mumbled quietly. While i spoke, Chris started with the wound.
-"What do you mean? You're three different creatures?" Chris asked, with big concern.
-"Yep. I'm human, werewolf and wendigo. A lot of people don't know this, but the only reason why i am a wendigo, is because my adoptive father forced me to eat human flesh. He wanted be to become one. And Deucalion came after me for those powers. He knew my adoptive father, however, i did not know Deucalion. We cannot let him get these powers," i explained.

Chris looked up at me a couple of times, probably trying to take it all in.
-"A wendigo? I know this is a town for the supernatural, but that's new. I'll need to call Scott. Here, lay pressure," Chris ordered and handed me a pretty wet cloth. I pressed it over the deepest part of the wound, looking at him. He began searching his pockets, then stopped.
-"It broke when i dropped it," he mumbled for himself, groaning a little as well.
-"Use mine. It should lay somewhere in that bloody jacket of mine. It lays in the hallway, i think," i explained pretty confused. I wasn't even sure myself where the poor thing laid at this point. I just threw it towards the open door.

He walked away for a second, then arrived back beside me. He fell into an armchair, looking pretty exhausted. I don't blame him though, i'm a lot to take care of.
-"Hey, Scott. It's Chris. Look, i'm in some big trouble... Yes, i'm with Aiyana... So, the thing is: She's three creatures... Yeah... Human, werewolf and a wendigo... Mhm, and Deucalion came after her not that long
ago... Yes, she's hurt... Deep, indeed. I gotta make this quick, okay? It's full moon tonight, right... and Ai here can't control herself... I'm not joking. She spoke out about some drugs she went empty of... What should i do? He's not in town, remember?... Fine, bye." I looked confused over at Chris as he groaned and put the phone down.