You'll Be The Death of Me

Dan's p.o.v.
When I woke up I was in bed that wasn't mine. I tried to stand up but was stopped by the wrist and ankle restraints. Oh... That's where I am. I've been in enough of these situations before to know that I'm in the hospital. I fumble around with my right hand until I find the nurse call button. I press it and wait. She bustles in quickly and looks at me questioningly. How long? "How long what darling?" How long to I have to stay in psych? "Oh... That depends. The minimum is a week though. You seem to have experience in this area." Can you at least loosen these up a bit? "Seeming as how calm you are... I guess I can." She goes around and loosen the restraints one notch. "Oh and your friends are in the waiting room. Do you want me to send them in?" Sure whatever. I say it with a clearly dismissive tone. She gets the message and leaves to retrieve them.
Phil's p.o.v.
I see a nurse rushing towards us and nudge Ashlie. She looks up and smiles at me. As the nurse gets closer my stomach contracts and I feel nervous. "Dan's awake. He wants to see you guys." She says it with a falsely reassuring smile. I get up and pull Ashlie up with me. We both follow her as she leads us through a few double doors until she stops and opens the door that leads to Dan. I rush in and imediatly go to the foot of the bed. Dan doesn't acknowledge me but turns his attention to Ashlie. "What's she doing here." He rudely sneers. For moral support Dan that's why. He finally glances at me and I'm shocked to see how dead his eyes are. "Oh and why are you here roommate." Dan says it in a way that makes my heart contort in on it's self. I'm here for that exact reason. "Hm." He turns his attention to rubbing his wrists against the restraints. Now Ashlie speaks up and it's even worse. "Phil, what is he talking about?" It's nothing. I lie so easily it scares me. "That's bull I see how when he talks it hurts you." ITS BECAUSE THIS IS MY FAULT! I scream it so loudly that I even scare myself. Dan looks at me with a mixture of the deadness and confusion. I never realized how beautiful his eyes were. They're such a deep brown. As brown as chocolate. I realize that he asked me something but I didn't hear it. Huh? "God Phil, can't you hear properly? I said what do you mean it's your fault?" I... Uh... I... I'm not able to get the words out. I turn to Ashlie. Can you step out for a second. "Sure." She lithely steps out. Dan I can tell that you have feelings for me... I don't mean to be rude... But I don't feel the same way... I'm not gay. He just looks at me. So what I'm saying is that you need to get over it. I see that tears have started to form on the edges of his gorgeous, dark brown eyes. NO, I tell myself, you're not gay you're not gay.
Dan's p.o.v.
When he said those word my heart just collapsed. I knew it was true even before he said them but hearing it come from his mouth, the very mouth that I dreamed of kissing while I was passed out, was heart wrenching. I feel the tears falling down my face with reckless abandon. Why do I have to cry now. I search for the button only to find that it had fallen out of my reach. "Dan?" I hear Phil calling my name but don't answer. If I did I would just break down even more. So I just sit there and wait. He eventually gives up and leaves. I try my hardest to reach the button and eventually am able to grasp it. I press it over and over. A nurse runs in breathless. "Are you okay dear?" She says as she sees my tears flowing freely. "Oh hunny. What happened... Did they upset you?" I just nod biting my lip, my wrists straining against the chafing cuffs that kept me from doing what I really wanted to. "Hey, hey, hey. Stop that." She grabs my hands, but I struggle against her. She calls for help and soon two burly men clad in green scrubs rush in. They work together to get me restrained enough to give me a sedative shot. Soon I'm waking up in an empty room free of the cuffs. I stand up and am greeted by a horrible headache.