Mason came racing over with a blanket. "It probably wasn't the best idea to bring a blanket out to warm her up, out into the cold rain," Mason mumbled, shaking his head.

Lexie looked up at gave a small laugh through her tears. "Come on," I whispered, picking her up, and walking to the car with her. I climbed into the back seat with her, and Mason gave us the blanket. I wrapped it around her tightly, and held tightly to her.

Mason got into the driver's seat quietly, and started the car. "He didn't mean to Lex," I whispered, wiping the wet hair out of her face.

"I'm not going back there," She growled.

"Yes you are," I told her.

"No," She said, looking up at me, "I'm not."

"Lexie..." I started, but Mason interjected with a, "Okay."

Lexie and I both stared at him in the front. "What did you just say?" I asked.

"Trust me, I have an idea," Mason told me, turning the car.

"You're really not going to take me home?" Lexie whispered. I looked at Mason through the window, and hoped I was staring at him with death eyes.

"Nope," Mason answered, turning again.

"Mason, please take us home," I growled.

Mason didn't listen to me, he just kept driving. My anger burned inside me. What made it worse though, was that Mason was smirking the whole way. I wanted to climb into the front street, and take control of the wheel, but instead I sat in the back seat with Lexie, and held her tight. She shuddered, under my warm touch, but snuggled closer.

Finally Mason pulled into a parking lot, but the windows were too foggy, and I couldn't see where we were. Mason turned around, and smiled at me. "Wait here," He whispered, smiling brightly.

"Mason..." I started.

"Don't argue, Taylor," He warned, and then got out of the car. He slammed the door closed, and ran towards the building.

"What's...what's he doing?" Lexie stuttered, her teeth chattering.

"I don't know," I whispered. We waited for what seemed like forever. The heat was still on, and we were warm, but I still felt chills running down my back.

Forever continued, as we waited for Mason. I was going to follow him in, but knew that he would either probably get upset, or I'd ruin some surprise. Lexie huddled closer to me, and I decided it was time for me to talk to her. "Lexie, he didn't mean to yell or hit you," I told her, "He was just anger. Everything is hard on him too."

Lexie narrowed her eyes at me, and pointed to the red spot on her cheek. I kissed it gently, and hugged her closer. I was hot, and sweating a little, but it seemed like every time I pulled away from my youngest sister, she would shudder and hold herself tighter in the blanket.

Finally the door opened in the back seat, and Mason's head came in smiling. "Alright," He said, "Come on in."

I helped Lexie out of the car, and we walked into the ice cream parlor. Lexie smiled as she noticed it. We walked in together, and in the middle of the room was a single table with all the other tables and chairs pushed aside. Three chairs sat around the table, and Mason was already behind the counter. "Go ahead Lexie," He announced, "Any flavor, and any topping."

Lexie's eyes lit up with joy, and she ran to the window, pressing her face against it. "Mason-" I began, but he held his hand up.

"Go ahead Lex," He repeated, "Pick what you'd like."

Lexie picked bizarre flavors, with gummy bears on top. She walked over to the table with big eyes and her mouth watering. "And for you ma'am?" He laughed.

"I'll just have vanilla," I sighed, rolling my eyes a little.

"Boring," Mason sang, but scooped me some ice cream any way.

"So you're going to reward Lexie for running away?" I whispered, cocking my eyebrow.

"No, it's a proposition," He answered, and winked at me. My heart stopped, and I watched as he walked over to the table with our ice creams. He sat down across from Lexie, and I sat down next to him. We waited a little for Lexie to eat a lot more ice cream before we talked. I even waited for Mason to say something, because I didn't know what to say.

Finally he leaned forward. "You like ice cream?" Mason asked, smiling.

"Of course," She cried, "I'm a kid, and I'm five, I LOVE ice cream."

Mason and I both laughed.

"Well I have a proposition for you," Mason said.

"He has a deal to make with you," I explained.

"Right," Mason said, "You want to hear it?"

At this point, even I wanted to hear it, but Mason just sat back in his chair and ate more ice cream.

Isn't Mason a cutie??? Well I mean if you like Nikolas.....he's ight. hahahhaa jk he's an a**......

but u have to continue reading to find out:P

Comment? vote? become a fan? Thanks!

Cheesehead:)