Chapter Six

Diamond's POV

***After the photo shoot***

I look over the picture Kate took while the door behind me opens. I pay no attention to it while I select the six best photos, which was hard seeing that Kate was basically with a camera.

"So?" Kate asks me, mostly dragging out the 'o'.

"They're all perfect. I can't choose the best six though," I say as I look over all twenty-eight of them again.

"Really?!" Kate asks me excitedly.

"Yeah. They're worthy of all magazine covers. Thank you so much for fill in today," I tell, giving her a hug.

"You're welcome. Call anytime you need a fill in," she tells me.

Kate leaves, letting me make the decisions for the magazine. Mrs. King comes over and looks over the photos with me.

"These are all amazing!" I hear her say.

"I agree."

I freeze at the voice behind me. I can literally feel them breathing on my neck. I walk forward a few steps before turning around, then almost fainting. Jackson King is standing right in front of me in all of his muscular and sexy glory. Wow. I'm pretty sure he's gotten hotter over the time I've seen him last.

"Hey. You okay?"

I snap out of my daze and look up to meet the icy blue eyes of the Adonis of this century. (A/N: Pic up top, imagine blue eyes instead) I seriously need help, but I couldn't care less if I had this fine piece of man in front of me.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I respond, after Kate coughs.

"Alright then. So, how's it going?" He asks me.

I look at him strangely while he just groans and rubs his face with his hands.

"I'm sorry. It's just so awkward just standing here and doing nothing," Jackson sighs.

"Well, I'm gonna go now. See you later, Diamond," Kate yells as she runs out of the tension filled room.

"How do you know Kate?" I hear the Adonis-freaking hell I need help, ask me.

"Diamond's sister's girlfriend," I respond somewhat confused.

Still not used to talking about the other me in third person, but at least Jackson likes the other me. I gather up the photos I need and put them in a folder.

"Oh. By the way, I met your parents. Such lovely people they are," I say casually, walking out of the room.

I walk down the hallway and towards the meeting room with Jackson on my heels.

"What did you guys talk about?" He asks me fearfully.

"Nothing much. Just my photos, job, and other stuff like that," I say, seeing him relax slowly. "Also, they told me about how you bully my friend Diamond, but don't actually mean it."

Now, that makes himself tense up and go pale. I chuckle as I slow down my speed to a simple stroll as I make sure that he's okay.

"You won't tell him right?" He says quietly.

"Of course not. I actually know that he doesn't hate you also," I blurt out, not even thinking about what I'm doing.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU DIAMOND?! YOU CAN'T PLAY THE GOOD GUY CARD!

"You do?! Wait, Why?" Jackson asks me eagerly.

"I probably shouldn't tell you. He would lose trust in me. But, maybe you should ask him yourself," I say as I open the door to the meeting room.

Jackson stays behind me as he ponders something hugely. I wish I knew what he was thinking, but I guess I won't. Back to work I go!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: I'm really sorry for not updating. Like I said before, in my other book to be exact, I haven't had much inspiration and I've been busy with school too. I'm sorry for not being able to update. I'm going to try harder to do this. Thanks for reading.
~Genie