Chapter Two

Diamond's POV
The Next Day: Last Period

'Five more minutes, then its freedom until tomorrow.' I think to myself. I haven't gotten beat up all day, which is a relief, but I wouldn't test my luck.

I've been avoiding my bullies and crush all day, and I want to keep it like that. Anyways, Ms. Ortiz was saying something about the French Revolution or some shit like that. I stopped paying attention.

Finally, the bell rings. I quickly pack up my stuff and race out of the room before anyone can leave before me. I run down the hall, avoiding people, and make it to my locker without getting stopped or pushed down. I throw all of my stuff in my locker, since I finished all my homework during class, and grab my phone and race out of the building.

I manage to make it to Layla's car and get in before someone notices that I'm gone. Layla and Kate come to the car a few minutes after I get it.

"Why do you look so happy?" Layla asks me as she starts her car and drives out of the parking lot.

"Because I avoided getting beat up today," I say.

"Nice job. Now all you have to do is make it through the rest of senior year without getting hurt so much," Kate says.

"Lucky for you, we only have two months left," Layla tells me.

"Yep. Then I can keep modeling until I'm so old that I can't anymore," I say.

Layla and Kate laugh as we drive toward our house. I look out of the window and admire a garden that was planted around where we live. It's giant and it has lots of flowers, trees, and a lake and benches. I love how calming it is and how people are always so nice and happy around here.

Layla pulls up in front of our house and we get out of her car. I walk up to the front steps, and wait for the door to be opened. We live in a mansion, since our parents made a lot of money with their modeling agency. Dean, our butler and resident friend, opens the door and we all walk inside.

"Hello, children. Welcome home," he says.

"Hello, Dean," we respond. He closes the door behind us and walks off to go back to whatever he was doing.

I walk up the steps and down the hall to my room. My room has a giant king sized bed, windows that take up half my room, a couch, a balcony, a bathroom, and a walk-in closet. I lay down on my bed as I take out my green color contacts and let my eyes show their true color.

My eyes are an unusual color. My eyes are this violet color that's really pretty. Everyone loves my eyes, but I only show them when I'm modeling. I don't show them at school because nobody needs another reason to bully me. I'd rather not be called a name because of them.

But, everyone loves Diamond In The Rough's eyes rather than mine.

Anyways, I take out my phone and start creating my outfit for my next photo shoot. I decide on the theme of innocence and start working on my outfit.

"Diamond! Someone's at the door for you!" Dean yells.

"Who is it?!" I yell back.

"Someone named Jackson King!" He yells after a brief minute of silence. I curse as I quickly put my contacts back in and rush out of my room and downstairs.

"You can leave now, Dean, I tell him. He nods as he walks back to his room. I look at Jackson suspiciously as I let him come inside my home. I lead him into the living room silently and sit down on the couch across from him.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" I ask.

No one ever comes here unless they need to, which is never because it has never happened.

"I'm here because I'm your partner for a History assignment," he says. I look at him strangely as I go through my memory of History class today.

"I wasn't paying attention. What's the assignment about?" I ask blankly. Jackson gives me an exasperated look as he pulls out his notebook from his bag.

"We have to write an assignment about our family tree. Make a visual about your partner's family tree and write about it in a 3 page essay," he says, reading the instructions.

"Okay. Well, we'll start tomorrow. Now isn't the best time," I say. It really isn't. My stylists are coming over in half an hour to help me with my innocence look.

"Why not?" Jackson asks me. My mind racks for an excuse as I shove him toward the door.

"Because I have company coming over in half an hour and they're going to be here until 7," I say.

"Okay. Fine, we'll start tomorrow. See ya later, Diamond," he says. My brain momentarily shuts down and my heart speeds up as I blush when he actually says my name.

"B-Bye," I stutter softly.

Jackson leaves and I grab my phone from off the couch, when I notice a slip of paper on the coffee table.

'***-***-****. Call me so we can work on the project. ~Jackson' I quickly put his number into my phone and label is as Crush_😍. Don't judge me.

I smile as I realize that if I get to know my crush, he might actually stop bullying me and like me. At least, as a friend. But, I'll take what I can get.

The doorbell rings, and I prepare myself for a long 4 hours of hair, makeup, and clothing.