Chapter Seven

^Ella

There was a light tapping on the door and I rubbed my eyes, sliding out of bed with a groan. Today was Saturday, and I wanted nothing more than to be able to sleep in. Glancing at the clock beside my bed, I rolled my eyes; it was already noon, so I suppose I had already slept in as much as I should.

Meandering towards the door, I peeked at my roommate's bed and found Anna still practically unconscious. Sighing, I went to go see who our unexpected visitor was.

A smile too bright waited patiently on the other side, and I kept myself from rubbing my eyes again. "Percy?" I whispered. "What are you doing here?"

She rocked back on forth on her ankles, smirking as she eyed me up and down. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go out to lunch with my friend and I, but it seems you haven't had breakfast yet, either."

I glanced down and flushed. My oversized Finding Nemo shirt made me look like a child. At least I had remembered to braid my hair or else my bed head would've made me appear to be a troll.

"I can change," I replied hurriedly. "We're going out with your friend?"

She nodded, crossing her arms and leaning against the doorframe. I cleared my throat, fighting the urge to lean back from her sudden close proximity. "Yeah, her name is Ella, star English major!"

An English major? I've never met one before. I invited Percy inside, who declined, and I rushed to quickly brush my teeth and change.

"Where is Ella?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. Percy started forward, and I matched her pace.

"Waiting in the car," she quipped. After seeing my guilty expression she laughed, saying, "Don't feel bad, she's most likely taking a nap."

"A nap?"

"Ella's first project is just as bad as ours." She paused, tying her hair up with a ribbon. "She has to write some essay for some book or another."

"That was descriptive," I said sarcastically, fighting back a giggle.

She winked. "It was, wasn't it?" She looked up, pointing. "And there she is!"

It seemed as though Ella had woken up right before we reached the car. She yawned as she opened the car door, waving tiredly to Percy. When her gaze reached me, she perked up.

Black eyes pierced mine, and she offered an inviting smile. "Are you Bea?"

I nodded, a tad bit speechless. She was impossibly gorgeous. Model gorgeous, even.

Percy lazily dropped an arm over Ella's shoulders, grinning proudly. "My best friend is hot, right?"

I blinked, and Ella laughed, punching Percy's side lightly. "You do this every time I meet someone. I have a boyfriend Carrot Top!"

She stuck out her tongue and opened the doors for the both of us. I went to sit in the backseat but Ella stopped me. "The backseat is more comfortable for naps, so keep the speed demon company in the front." She lowered her voice conspiratorially, adding, "And try to keep her from killing us, won't ya?"

I agreed and Percy eyed us suspiciously. We drove for quite some time, and Percy made light conversation. Eventually, I was able to ask Ella the question I'd been dying to get out. "Ella? Why did you decide to be an English major?"

Ella hummed behind me, shifting in her seat. "I like telling stories about people. And reading. Oh and studying classic literature!" She giggled. "I guess I just like English in general."

Percy glanced over at me, beaming. "Ella's amazing! She can make up fantasy stories about people on the spot. She's sure to get the top grade in her class this year."