Chapter One

I'd just like to shout out @sapphicescapist for being such an amazing commentator (and voter) while reading Tipsy, all of their comments made me laugh and smile.
(I'm going to update Bea's photo when I get home).

Bea

I felt as though my heart was about to burst out of my chest. Even though Jax was right behind me, I was still nervous and intimidated. People would turn to throw an uninterested glance in my direction, and my cheeks would heat up every time.

Jax went into the office that assigned dorm rooms while I wrung my hands outside. She came back and handed me a paper with a smile, and I looked uncaringly at the room number at the top:

Room 201, West Campus.
Roommate Anna Williams, second year.

So my roommate was one year older than me? I could technically look at that as a good thing because she would kind of know the school and the people, right?

I followed Jax, my head slightly bent as I avoided people's eyes. I was already regretting my decision to move out of the house.

We finally reached the room and Jax gestured for me to open the door. Heart thumping in my throat, I tentatively grabbed the handle, swinging it open with a gulp.

Jax gave me an encouraging smile and I sighed with relief when I didn't see "Anna" or whoever in the room yet. There was stuff on the right side of the room, so she'd obviously stopped by before vanishing.

Jax and I silently began unpacking my stuff. When we finished, I sat down onto the side of my mattress, lightly bouncing up and down and avoiding all eye contact with her. She slid her hands into her back pockets and tried to catch my eye.

"I guess I have to go now?" It should have been a statement, she did have to go now, but the way she said it made it come out more in the form of a question.

I nodded. I still didn't say anything.

I glanced up at her before staring back at my thighs. Jax was now holding a framed photo of us, and she was running her finger over the rough engravings. "I'm going to miss you, you know."

I nodded.

"If anything happens, or if you're lonely, or you need someone to talk to, you remember my number right?"

I nodded.

"I guess that's it, haha." She placed the photo on my nightstand, wiping her palms on her jeans. "I'm gonna miss you Bumble Bea."

I bit my tongue, and the stark flavor of metal flooded my mouth. I heard a sniffle, and looked up to see that Jax's eyes were shining. I sighed and stood up, and Jax lunged forward, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

I placed my hands on her waist, burying my nose into her chest as though I was trying to hide.

It was like I was dying to play hide and seek again, but I wanted her to find me.

I let go again.

"Bye, Jax," I whispered, and she shook her head.

"You better call me at least three times a week, okay? Or else I'm going to worry."

I chuckled. "You're going to worry anyway."