Chapter 6 ○ Special Delivery

★。\|/。★

"IT'S GRACE, I WAS SENT TO GIVE YOU

 A FILE ON A CASE YOU ARE WORKING ON."

★。/|\。★

GRACE GRAYSON

What was James' problem? Edward is so nice, I didn't faint because of him, did I? I was overreacting, and so was James. I had to go to work, so I went to bed earlier than normal. It was a long weekend and it was going to be an even longer work week.

I walked into work and everything was the same. There were all of the same sounds, people, and yells coming from the holding cells. It was the same old police department, and it was a typical Gotham environment. I saw Edward speed-walk into the forensics lab. I walked up to the balcony to go to Captain Essens' office. I walked in, and she greeted me. "Hello Grace, how was your weekend?" She was grinning and stood up slowly to open her file cabinet. 

"It was okay, I had a minor problem but it's nothing." 

Her gaze went over to me. She was obviously worried, I don't know why. It wasn't important at all, I just fainted! 

"What happened? Did you get hurt?" 

I chuckled, but actually thinking about it, did I get hurt? I mean, I might of when I fell, but I'm sure I never got hurt in Edward's presence. He is considerate and would never think of that.

"No, I didn't. I'm perfectly fine Ma'am." 

She shrugged and walked back to her desk with a file in her hand. "Grace, could you please deliver this file to Edward in the forensics lab? It is information on the victim he is currently working on." I nodded and grabbed the file.

 I walked over and looked over to the right. I never even noticed that there was a Records Annex, and I knew I would have to go visit whoever is in charge of the Annex one day. I refocused myself and walked over to the forensics lab. 

I stopped outside of the lab when I heard what I assumed to be Edward yelling. Who was he yelling at? I couldn't hear another voice, but he was clearly agitated at another person. I heard some of his conversation. "Why are you doing this?" and "Leave her alone, you monster." Who was he talking about, me? I decided that it was time to knock on the door. 

I knocked with a pattern like I always would. "W-Who is it?" said Edward, who was clearly nervous about something. "It's Grace, I was sent to give you a file on a case you are working on." He started walking over to the door and opened it. I was surprised by his face, as it was very sweaty. He adjusted his collar and smiled at me. "Please, Miss Grayson, come in." Why not? Nothing could go wrong by just visiting the man in his office, he never gets visited by anyone anyway.

A/N

Hello, everyone! If you notice a change in my writing, it is because I have been trying a new style, which is more personalized with every character. Grace's grammar is normal, James' is usually laid-back, and Edward is very formal. I hope you enjoyed this!