Part 32: This is my Life

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't planning on leaving with my dad you idiot" I reply.

"Well how was I supposed to know that Ari? You're not texting me or answering my calls, this was my only option" he argues back.

"I'm sorry I didn't text you back, I was a bit busy" I roll my eyes. "Totally not like you've been a complete piece of shit or anything lately" I say sarcastically and Harry smirks. "What? What are you doing? Stop it, I'm mad at you!" I say, and I'm being completely serious.

"Nothing, I've been thinking of all the ways this could play out, none of them started with you calling me a piece of shit. But you're right, you have every right to be mad at me and Ari I want you to know that" he frowns. I wish I could just forgive him but what would that do, show him that what he did was okay?

"What were you thinking Harry? Why did you tell your mom about what happened? That was personal. I haven't even told my own family" I ask.

"I know, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I just needed to talk to her about it and I didn't think I could if I didn't tell her about what happened. I was struggling to deal with everything, I wanted to make sure you were okay and you didn't want to talk about things or act differently, I didn't know what to do but I felt like I had to, I felt like I needed to know everything so you could lean on me but I know nothing" he admits. I guess I get where he's coming from but what he did is still wrong.

"You could've told me that! Or atleast tell me that you were going to tell your mom" I rebuttal, I'm not ready to forgive him because he needed help, I mean I did too.

"I know, I should've told you. I'm so sorry Ariana" he apologizes.

"You're not sorry Harry" I scoff. "If you were you wouldn't have done this. You always do this! You lie, you keep things from me and you hurt me! And only then do you apologize. You're not sorry, you're just apologizing because I found out" I admit. "I kept up my part of this, I'm being honest with you, even when I don't want to. But, you, Harry, you haven't changed at all" I add. If we weren't forced into whispering at the moment, I sure I wouldn't have gotten through that without completely yelling at Harry and storming off.

"I'm trying Ari, it's not like I can just turn a switch and change. You couldn't even do that, you wouldn't even tell me what happened" he argues.

"Don't try and turn this on me! That was my own life, I've told you before I'm not gonna apologize about that. You told your mom something about me that I didn't even want to tell you! Doesn't that tell you something about whether or not you should've told her. I would never do that to you. I've never even told my dad about the contract. Do you think you'd be standing here without a black eye or something if I told him that? That hurt me, I didn't know what to do, but I never told him" I argue.

"You're right Ari, I'm sorry! I screwed up, I don't know what to do" he repeats. I don't know what to say. I want so bad to forgive him but I don't know if he will truly stop doing stuff like this yet. Unfortunately, before I can even say anything Harry and I both hear footsteps coming from out in the hallway and he quickly runs to hide in his bathroom as I head out of his room to see whoever's outside. Plus if I leave the room it's less likely whoever is out there will come in the room and have the chance of finding Harry.

"Ariana what are you doing up?" I hear my dad ask. Crap, I really didn't want to talk to him.

"I uh couldn't fall asleep. Is that really surprising?" I ask.

"What time is my flight? Is Frankie joining me? Or even you" he asks.

"It's in four hours. Frankie's going back to his house, I'm not going with you" I admit.