Chapter 11

Stiles's baby blue jeep rumbled by as trees shot past the window in blurred lines. The windows were rolled down and you stuck your elbow out and looked outside, quietly enjoying the ride. Scott was sitting in the front passenger seat with Stiles driving and you at the back. You were on the way to the Nemeton. Isaac and the others were waiting at the house. Lydia, Kira, Malia, and Liam were in Lydia's car.

  Orange light streaked the sky and the dark of night was creeping upon them from the edges of the horizon. You looked at Stiles. He was so normal now. Just two hours ago, he was possessed by the nogitsune. At least he was the Stiles she knew now. The one who was laid back, with the sarcasm and humour. You then looked at Scott. The tension hasn't left his shoulders and you couldn't find out why. Stiles was here and safe and so was everyone else. What could it be? Maybe the thought of finding the Nemeton would be too hard? You weren't sure.

  The jeep abruptly stopped and you looked at Scott and Stiles in alarm. Stiles sighed tiredly and jumped out of the vehicle. The front hood of the car was smoking and he ran to the back and came to the front again with duct tape. You frowned. Duct tape? Well, duct tape could fix anything.

  "Y/n," Scott said quietly.

  You turned your attention to Scott and you could see how awkward he was as he said your name. Uh oh. Was that good or bad? You leaned forward and looked at him.

  "Yeah?"

  "Do you like Stiles?"

  "What?"

  "Look, I know we shared that kiss in your car. But if you like Stiles, then go for it. I'm sorry for making a move on you like that," he looked down at the floor.

  Your heart broke. Guilt washed over you. Over the course of the few chaotic days, you've been fighting with yourself. Scott or Stiles? The question ran around in your head like a runner in a marathon. Scott or Stiles? You couldn't pick. They were both special in their own way.

  You opened your mouth but no sound came out. Hurt flashed across Scott's eyes and you could see him fading away from you. You could almost see him pull back from you and shutting the windows to himself. And you hated it. You completely hated it.

  "Scott-" you finally found the words.

  "No. Save it. You have Stiles. I saw the way you looked at him. I'm sorry for wasting your time."

  He then turned to the front and silently looked out the window. Your eyes stung with tears that you struggled to hold back. You knew he wouldn't answer you anymore. Instead, you leaned back in your seat and put your head in your hands.

  The door opened and closed with a loud thump and you quickly recovered and sat up straight. Hopefully your eyes weren't red. No one needs to know what happened. It was between you and Scott. No one else.

  Stiles grinned, "Duct tape. Fixes everything."

  "Good job bro," Scott said but you could hear the emptiness in his voice.

  "Duct tape fixes everything. Including your car," you added to cover everything up and tried to keep your voice high.

  "What's with you guys? Did your dog die or something?" Stiles joked around and lightly pushed Scott's shoulder. Neither you nor Scott answered.